Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
When you had a child or tough financial year did you hang onto the boat or sale? >

When you had a child or tough financial year did you hang onto the boat or sale?

Notices

When you had a child or tough financial year did you hang onto the boat or sale?

Old 07-07-2011, 10:39 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kept my boat after my child was born and today she is 5 years old and still have the boat Just dont spend too much $$$ on gas. My tank lasts a month or so. It s worth my time to sit in and relax on the boat in the water!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DriverofDonzi
I kept my boat after my child was born and today she is 5 years old and still have the boat Just dont spend too much $$$ on gas. My tank lasts a month or so. It s worth my time to sit in and relax on the boat in the water!
+1
Two girls, 9 and 5. We spend more time anchored and swimming than anything. Works out great for the gas tank. We look at boating as the great escape from stress. No matter what you may have to do at work or home you're stranded on the boat together. Break out a deck of cards and enjoy the family time!
Old 07-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 16 month old and have not used the boat for 2 summers now. Mainly because I blew the engine and just have not had time to mess with it. Fourtunetly it is paid for so no worries there. I will be looking to upgrade to a 30+ CC with some egg beaters now that I have my second kid on the way.Wife wants shade and i still want a little speed with some clean lines. Plus I think a CC will fit my family a little better (and dont have to mess with all the repairs)and make it more enjoyable for my wife. Happy wife Happy life

Keep your sanity if you can afford to do it.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by soldier4402
family comes first my man. So does food on the table, roof over a head, and the well being of a child or family member. Take a time off from the boat get your family and financials back and order then do it again. Boat is probably number one for fun but probably last on the priority list
+1

Very well said.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say you take the Obama approach, sell the boat you have now and buy a brand new Outerlimits or Cigarette, needs to be at least 500K+ (for grins, we'll call it a stimulus package). See man, whether you have the $$$$ or not, you have to spend your way out of this dilemma, the more you spend, the better your situation gets!! At least I think that's how it's supposed to work.......

Last edited by TCBoss302; 07-08-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Registered

Well...I'll tell ya one thing. Although I take no pleasure in reading about other members troubles (Dealing with illness, financial, mechanical problems just to name a few) it sure makes me appreciate my life. Next time I start to complain to people about how long and expensive getting my boat back in the water is........think I'll just keep my mouth shut