If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:

dinghy outboard tohatsu motor

i know this is a go-fast forum but there seems to be a wealth of information here so i figured i would ask...

my father purchased an arneson dinghy with a carbuerated outboard tohatsu motor. the problem exists when we put the boat in the water under load. it has a slightly hard start but idles fine. the boat runs but wont go past 2800 rpm (wont plane). we took apart the carbs, looked clean. replaced the sparkplugs. put in new fuel. not sure what the problem is...any suggestions?

coolrunning racing VIP Member mrv8outboard's Avatar
    My Boats:
    built myself 1994
    cape cod
    Make sure you do not have the idle mixture to lean. Also the emulsion tube might have debris around it, so remove it tot clean it.

My Boats:
    30 Century w/ Blowers..the old "Turn of the Century"
    Brigantine, NJ
    How's it sound when you run it hard. I have tohatsu trouble where the rev limiter goes