If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Gold Member Gold Member fabin61's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '97 Baja 322
    Erie, PA

Rough day on the water last evening

Wife said take the dog for a ride, I am taking the kids to a birthday party. She and I are so glad she did. Headed out of the marina onto Presque Isle Bay headed to the channel to go jam on the Lake Erie for an hour. Coming into the channel I always look back to make sure that no boats are moving on top of me and saw smoke come out the pipes. Killed the engines and than smelled the smoke, opened the engine hatch and the flames were toasting all the wiring. Halon system did not get it. Blew through my extinguisher and got tossed another from a friendly boater. Damage does not seem horrible but enough done that it looks like boating season is over. Mr. Insurance Adjuster will be down on Monday to survey.

Better last night by myself than today with the wife and kids on the boat.

My mechanic came down and thinks it is electrical. I told to make space in the garage.

That sucks! Glad you made it out ok!

Good thing you turned around.