Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain factory - Concluded (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25761-fountain-factory-concluded.html)

joe900sc 06-03-2002 07:32 PM

Fountain factory - Concluded

Well I drove to North Carolina (from Wisconsin) to pick-up my boat.

Since my last post I have been working with Wyatt Fountain and Steve Harrellson (never did hear back from Jeff Harris) and things have been great!

I have been getting an update every other day about the progress. They completed every item on the work order on time including the extra non-warranty items I asked for. They were ready for me when I arrived on Friday afternoon. We inspected the boat and I have to say it looked like a brand new boat. After the work was done they went and detailed everything including replacing upholstery and painting the bilge, I was impressed.

After the inspection Steve gave me a factory tour while they were shrink wraping the boat. Steve walked me through every step of the building process from the molds to the rigging to the upolstery shop. I notced the prop lab was behind lock and key and they would not let me in there- heheheh... Then we wend to the docks and Steve let me craw around to 48 and the 65 foot super criusers - cool.:D

After the tour we went to settle-up on the bill. I expected to pay since I had some extra work done (bottom work:cool: ). Steve said he and Wyatt felt bad about my experience and said "NO CHARGE". I was pleased to say the least.

Trailered the boat back to Chicago to put the engines back in. I'll be on lake Michigan next Saturday.

In conclusion ; the workmanship at the factory was above my expectations. There was never any hassle about getting the warranty work approved (and this is 1998 boat). And I loved the factory tour. I had a great experience. I would consider another Fountain.

If only Harris could have better communicated to me, the negatives would have never been an issue. They did recognize my issue and compensated for it.
:)

P.S. 5 Fountain Cats on the line all sold, 7 48" Cruisers in all stages of production, and the new 34' center consol fishing boat were too numerous to count. They were busy.

Again I'd like to thank the board for advising me. You guys were a big help. I'll see you at the Oshkosh Poker Run:D

Tinkerer 06-03-2002 07:57 PM

THANK GOD -- NOW GET THAT BOAT ON THE WATER.

Steve 1 06-03-2002 07:58 PM

Joe what do you think helped you the Most! Mr. Attorney or the OSO Board?? And have a safe boating season

Best Regards :)

thunderdan 06-03-2002 08:15 PM

Joe,
I am so glad that it worked out for you. I really think, or would like to think, that the power of the OSO community had something to do with the results. Anyway Congrats- :)

Payton 06-03-2002 08:38 PM

Good news!
Have a great summer, maybe we'll see you on the lake.

Coddigtion 06-03-2002 08:47 PM

Congrats joe!

US1 Fountain 06-03-2002 08:48 PM

That's great to hear! Nuff said

Playn 06-03-2002 08:48 PM

Joe, Thats great news!

Let's hope the next person doesn't have to go through what you did.

rjcardinal 06-03-2002 08:52 PM

Thank God!

I am very happy to hear about the boat and how they made it right with you. I just purchased my first (of many I hope) Fountain. I was more than a little worried about warrenty issues if I ever have a problem. Its great to know that they handled it the right way. From what I hear things are tough at Fountain right now but hearing this tells me things are on the right track and will get better. Congrats on having the boat back!

Ron

mfb357 06-03-2002 08:57 PM

Joe, Congratulations and I'm sure no one from Fountain can feel bad about your post after reading the update and the fact you took the time to show a good faith response, rather than just leaving a bad taste in everyones mouth about Fountain. Good Job and enjoy the season>> Safe Boating! I still think Jeff Harris still owes you an apology and a response. Mark B.:cool: