Notices

What to see in Chicago?

Old 07-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wantingmore
Everytime we go visit my wife's sisters there, I put Ketchup on the dogs, just to watch them squirm!
I've lived in Chicago my whole life and I ONLY put ketchup on my dogs. Must've missed the boat on that one. I also hate both the Cubs AND the Sox equally.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 913 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
I've lived in Chicago my whole life and I ONLY put ketchup on my dogs. Must've missed the boat on that one. I also hate both the Cubs AND the Sox equally.
LMAO! Me too!! never been to Wrigley....have been to the old Comisky park when i was a kid....never saw the fun in it. And i love ketchup on my dogs......now that you got me all hungry i think i'll go get a dog from costco here arond the corner!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by Wally
LMAO! Me too!! never been to Wrigley....have been to the old Comisky park when i was a kid....never saw the fun in it. And i love ketchup on my dogs......now that you got me all hungry i think i'll go get a dog from costco here arond the corner!
costco need to go to jean and judes off of river road,,you know the place that floods every few years
Old 07-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gene and Judes really is pretty good, but a dump. Even though I live in Tampa, I always make one trip to G&Js when I'm in town. I have been going there for many many years. Not sure what you're doing for lunch, but you have to try a good Italian Beef sandwich. Portillo's, Gold Coast Dog, Als Beef, etc. Uno has good deepdish pizza.

Waukegan has a pretty nice boat dealer on its outskirts, but otherwise NOTHING going on. I was born at St. Terese hospital.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

superdawg
Old 07-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Last edited by dbkski; 07-12-2011 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 362 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
the lake front of coarse their is a bunch to do,go to the sky deck in the sears tower and over look the lake,navy pier,take a lunch cruise on the odyssey, look for the famous Garrett's popcorn,ask for a carmel and cheese mix,,the popcorn will melt in your mouth..we have the museum of science and industry,some cool exhibits their,shed aquarium if you like the to see the fishies ..if none of this interests you you can always get on one the boats on the Chicago river and take a river tour.

http://www.chicagotraveler.com/attractions.htm

http://www.chicagotours.us/?event=of...20in%20Chicago

too bad you didnt have more time or you could catch the thursday evening jet boat races at blarney's island 1 1/2 hours west of chicago.metra takes you into fox lake and from their oi would have picked you up and takin you their if i had my boat in the water. or could always take the princess toon boat to the island..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LUHZkhquuc
I gotta agree. Garrets Chedder Cheese Popcorn is a MUST!! FYI, there's one at Navy Pier so dont wait in line at the one downtown... We found out the hard way in cold Febuary.... If your at Navy Pier, Check out the Mackinac Fudge.. Its the best out there also.... To bad you could hit Blarneys also, It is one of a kind!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

Thanks. The list is getting longer than my stay but keep 'em coming.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

A short time in Chicago.. hmm... too many places too many things.
A) Go up on the Hancock, better view then the Sears.
B) Get the best dawg at "Little Louis".
C) Take a cab and colt 45 to lower, Wacker. I mean LOWER.. the real LOWER Wacker. Every one needs to see the super rats once.
D) Spend a few minutes strolling down on Michigan Av. and Mag. Mile, have a few drinks on Rush street and back to Midway, via the "loop".
You should have just enough time for this.

Last edited by PARADOX; 07-11-2011 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 913 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
costco need to go to jean and judes off of river road,,you know the place that floods every few years
Yeah....thats a bit of a hike from Glenview where i work! But i hit that place everytime i go down to Menards off North ave there!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.