Notices

Had My Truck Chipped

Old 06-04-2002, 05:57 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the same here to my 02 F-250 PSD

Carbon Fiber Autometer Gauges (EGT, Tranny, Boost)
AIC (thanks Troutly )
SCMT best money I have spent
AMSOIL synthetic oil

The thing is a blast to drive now

Troulty is right about the EGT's on the diesels. If you stick your foot into the pedal, better have gauges to watch those temps. They climb real quick
Old 06-04-2002, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Bird dog . Yeah , you could just put a chip in . E-mail me your computer code and I'll see what your computer is capable of . I may be able to program 50-60hp . A friend of mine has a 2001 with the 75 hp chip and an air filter . It runs great and shifts great and he pulls a 38 fountain SC . His exhaust is still stock . If you tow something heavy you should at least get an exhaust temp gauge to keep an eye on it . I haven't seen any problems with the WD stuff making a lot of ex. heat . Your computer code is on a little white tag , 4 digits , on the FRONT of the door next to the upper door hinge .Send me the code and I'll run it through the program to see what your computer will accept. Even at the normal 75 hp it will be fine . I have lots of guys running the tri power chip 160+ hp through automatics and pulling heavy with no problems . Talk to you later ,JOE
[email protected]

hp500efi, WHat is the "AIC" ? Yes the exhaust will climb fast but shouldn't get too hot with the right set up . What kind of temps do you see MAX? WHat hp is yours? And where exactly is the sender on the ex. temp gauge ? THanks ,JOE
Old 06-04-2002, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

You got mail.

Dan
Old 06-04-2002, 09:22 PM
Registered

YOu ain't kiddin Dan ! I got alot of mail ! Sent it back to you too . I got a message My PM box was full . I checked it ,it only showed 1 . THen I realized it was only showing the last 10 days . YOu have to go in there and clean it out sometimes !
Old 06-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Registered

Here is a picture of the AFE air intake. Probably makes 20 HP
Attached Thumbnails Had My Truck Chipped-intake.jpg  
Old 06-04-2002, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Warrenty

Hey PP Race,

Does that chip void the warrenty??????????????

Randy
Old 06-04-2002, 09:52 PM
Registered

Default Re: Warrenty

Originally posted by Wild
Hey PP Race,

Does that chip void the warrenty??????????????

Randy
How's it going Randy..

The chip and other modifications (escept for an exhaust brake) do not void any warranty.
I don't know how i ever drove my old Excursion without one.
Are you going to the Sarsota race July4??
Give me a call, I'll get you hooked up with the guys at PMT

Last edited by PP RACE; 06-04-2002 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-04-2002, 10:44 PM
Registered

Hey PP race , MAN , I hate to say it but you should check that ram air system better . I have raplaced a few of them lately for guys . They don't work well at all . At least the ones I have seen .

The design is suposed to sit tight against the under side of the hood . It is not even close ! Look at your hood . Notice there is no marks on the insulation from it . It is sucking hot air from the motor . With that turbo under there it gets REAL hot !
And the main idea of it is to suck air from the fender . Ford tried that in 99 . IT didn't work . you can't get enough air from the closed fender well to feed that motor . YOu need to seal out the heat and ram in fresh cool air and lots of it ! There are many udeas out there .Some work , some work good ,and some don't . I saw a dyno test on one ram air ( not yours) that actualy lost 5-10 hp from stock and increased exhaust temps by 200 degrees ! NO LIE !

Sorry ,Just my .10
Old 06-05-2002, 12:54 PM
Registered

Originally posted by boot
Hey PP race , MAN , I hate to say it but you should check that ram air system better . I have raplaced a few of them lately for guys . They don't work well at all . At least the ones I have seen .

The design is suposed to sit tight against the under side of the hood . It is not even close ! Look at your hood . Notice there is no marks on the insulation from it . It is sucking hot air from the motor . With that turbo under there it gets REAL hot !
And the main idea of it is to suck air from the fender . Ford tried that in 99 . IT didn't work . you can't get enough air from the closed fender well to feed that motor . YOu need to seal out the heat and ram in fresh cool air and lots of it ! There are many udeas out there .Some work , some work good ,and some don't . I saw a dyno test on one ram air ( not yours) that actualy lost 5-10 hp from stock and increased exhaust temps by 200 degrees ! NO LIE !

Sorry ,Just my .10
Boot..
I appreciate you .10
I did check the fit to the hood. I chalked the intake's seal and it left a good impression on the hood insulation . Maybe they made some changes.
Thanks for your input
Old 06-05-2002, 01:14 PM
Registered

THats good ! Keep that hot air out . I haven't looked that much but it there a way to get more air in from the grill area to the inner fender were it draws air from ? Every little bit helps !

I did one a few years ago where I put a small cawl induction syle hood scoop on the hood and just cut 4 -2" holes in the hood under the scoop . Just that little bit of getting that hot air out from under the hood made the motor run cooler and picked up drastic power . I couldn't beleive what it did for it ! It dropped the factory temp gauge about 3/8" ! If anyone does this , don't make too big of a hole in the hood . That insulation is holding in a lot of that diesel noise . Just a couple small holes does wonders for the truck and doesn't make it get real loud ..

Good luck ! And Keep on Chippin ' ,I mean truckin' !

Quick Reply: Had My Truck Chipped

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.