Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Merc Racing 525efi (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/257699-merc-racing-525efi.html)

TWIN-SPINS 07-11-2011 01:07 PM

hardin marine has 525 replacements headers,,,with the proprer bolt pattern to the heads,,,4900.00 a set,,,you can also use your old c.m.i. tail pipes,,:drink:

Smarty 07-11-2011 04:07 PM

Guys with the headers, sorry for the delay in responding, things are in a holding pattern right now, e-mail me at [email protected] or call me 856-449-0939 (my mobile number).

I have to limit the content of what is said inmy post, I like this site, and will play by the rules (no solicitation lawsuit clients on OSO)

Stephen

PARADOX 07-11-2011 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Smarty (Post 3449696)
Guys with the headers, sorry for the delay in responding, things are in a holding pattern right now, e-mail me at [email protected] or call me 856-449-0939 (my mobile number).

I have to limit the content of what is said inmy post, I like this site, and will play by the rules (no solicitation lawsuit clients on OSO)

Stephen

I called you a couple times, you never called me back.. so...
not sure what's going on.... :confused:

Smarty 07-11-2011 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 3449699)
I called you a couple times, you never called me back.. so...
not sure what's going on.... :confused:

Nothing has happened, not filed yet. Still gathering information. Sorry for the non-response.

(my list of laintiffs thus far has been completed, will be adding more plaintiffs, suit not filed yet)

richsformula 07-13-2011 12:42 PM

Well it sounds like you need to spend $35k per engine and then another $5k plus labor to replace the brand new headers... I think I'm going to Chief for engines for the repower.

Raylar 07-14-2011 12:07 AM

Chief makes great engines as do others like Eddie Young and we at Raylar Engine and any of us can build you some real nice 525 to 650 HP efi engines complete for a lot less than $35K!

Best Regards,
Ray @ Raylar

Smarty 07-29-2011 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by PARADOX (Post 3449374)
+3 on the 525's. $hit can any used CMI's. even the gen X's.
None of the CMI's or Merc/CMI will last long enough. (unless you do some preventive "stuff". )
Not sure the status of the legal stuff, but I think it just fizzled away.
One of these days when I have some more time I will post all the ways to make headers last longer, and do some "stuff" to avoid leaks.

The legal stuff is in limbo, here is a copy of an e-mail message that I have sent to the affected consumers/potential plaintiffs:

"I have just been informed that the class action law firm that I would be working with in order to file this suit, is now backing out of the class action filing. It has been suggested that localized consumer fraud cases be filed, but I am not in agreement with that course of action even though it is a legal alternative. I am still of the thinking that there is a faulty marine header in the market place and therefore it is a class of consumers that has been affected and deserve to have their case(s) heard.

Until I find a deep pocket litigation-firm to back me, I not am not sufficiently capitalized to commence this suit (my pockets aren't deep enough). Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been put on hold by this firm for three months just to have this blow-up in my face after compiling all the information and working diligently at this issue. I hope that I can be of help to you, I will keep you informed of what will happen next, but for the time being the class action lawsuit is dead in the water."

Stephen

EdNewman 08-01-2011 05:05 PM

After the fourth rebuild on a pair of 525's, I put on the Hardin Marine headers and no problems with leaking headers since.

P.S. No silent choice on my boat, came off the first week I got the boat