Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hi (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/257734-hi.html)

Cable Stretcher 07-11-2011 02:37 PM

Hi

Hi all,

I am moving to Panamacity FL and am wanting to get a go-fast boat. I am new the the world of performance boats, my father had a 48' outerlimits at LOTO a few years back but at the time I was living in OKC and didn't get to enjoy it very often. I am finaly at a point in my life that I can afford to get a toy of my own and I am looking for some input on what boat to choose, some concerns with owning a high performance boat, and what boats would perform good in the Panamacity area. I have been looking at Hustler Cheetah's, I am wanting around 90mph but I would like to keep it at or under $100k if possible. I have seen a few of these 01-04 going for 75-125k with twin 500efi's and they claim 93mph. Would something like this hold up in FL, I know they look like they have a lower deck height than alot of other boats will that cause me a problem? Also I have read that ins. in FL is really high.

Thanks

PokerRun388 07-11-2011 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Cable Stretcher (Post 3449611)
Hi all,

I am moving to Panamacity FL and am wanting to get a go-fast boat. I am new the the world of performance boats, my father had a 48' outerlimits at LOTO a few years back but at the time I was living in OKC and didn't get to enjoy it very often. I am finaly at a point in my life that I can afford to get a toy of my own and I am looking for some input on what boat to choose, some concerns with owning a high performance boat, and what boats would perform good in the Panamacity area. I have been looking at Hustler Cheetah's, I am wanting around 90mph but I would like to keep it at or under $100k if possible. I have seen a few of these 01-04 going for 75-125k with twin 500efi's and they claim 93mph. Would something like this hold up in FL, I know they look like they have a lower deck height than alot of other boats will that cause me a problem? Also I have read that ins. in FL is really high.

Thanks

What happened to the OL 48?...

Can u show us a pic? thats a great looking boat!

Sick Stinger 07-11-2011 09:24 PM

Hey cable 1st welcome to the site. 2nd best case check out a Cigarette Twin Step with 500's or 525's great bang for the buck will run 90 should be in the price range
-Mike

OL40SVX 07-11-2011 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger (Post 3450075)
Hey cable 1st welcome to the site. 2nd best case check out a Cigarette Twin Step with 500's or 525's great bang for the buck will run 90 should be in the price range
-Mike

Will NOT run 90 unless its a Gladiator.

Here's Johnny 07-12-2011 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by OL40SVX (Post 3450097)
Will NOT run 90 unless its a Gladiator.

yea, but you will have a much nicer boat and you can tell people you run 90.......:party-smiley-004:

Sick Stinger 07-12-2011 08:40 AM

Go get an outerlimits then and be done with it. Who needs anythign else out on the water.
-Mike

Cable Stretcher 07-12-2011 08:53 AM

PokerRun Unfourtunatly my dad only kept the OL 48' for a few seasons, he then moved to OKC as well and sold the boat. I will try and post some pics tonight, it was just plain white. I could not even afford the fuel bill on that boat though.

BDiggity 07-12-2011 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by PokerRun388 (Post 3450041)
What happened to the OL 48?...

Can u show us a pic? thats a great looking boat!

it was his dads boat. why does it matter what happened to it?

The thread is about what he should buy for FL.

Cable Stretcher 07-12-2011 09:02 AM

Johnny, I would like to go fast thought, not just talk fast :) I have a small addition to going fast.

What would you guys say the best speed/price point is? Is there a speed that it is somewhat easy to reach without giving up reliability and without costing a fortune?

Also what length would handle/perform good in the Gulf?

Dean Ferry 07-12-2011 09:10 AM

CS,
Welcome to OSO and FL.,
Panama City has some of the most beautiful waters and beaches in the world. As far as a good "Gulf" boat, I would say anything 35-38' range would be fine. We have a Hustler 388 that does great in just about any conditions we boat in. Shop around, and yes boat ins. in Fl is STUPID high $$, unless you stay under 35' and 500HP.
Good luck,
Dean