Notices

Pachanga II

Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pachanga II

WHat does anyone here know about a pachanga II, Along with looking at Formula's I have found the Pachanga 22,27,and 32 to just be awsome boats.... One of my friends had a 19 and had to put all new stringers in it, he claimed the boats fall apart... I haven't ever heard that but decided I might as well find out
Old 07-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Any boat can fall apart if it is not stored and cared for properly. I always heard they are pretty good boats. Don't plan on winning any races with one though.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Registered

thanks do u know What is the top end on a 32?? i just want a boat that I can cruise about 45 or 50 out to the islands.... but I really need quality
Old 07-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

My personal opinion is that the Pachanga series was a decent boat - but definitely not an offshore / high performance boat. The biggest differences were in construction (they just won't take the beating a decent offfshore boat will) and speed (they just didn't have it). Oh, and the two are very closely related. Remember, they were built the same way, with the same techniques and materials and on the same line as regular production Sea Rays. They make a nice family boat, but a true performance boat is a whole different animal.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Registered

I recently sold my 27 with stock twin 350's that had 900+ hours. Top speed was around 55-60mph on GPS depending on conditions, and it is about the same for a 32. Typical cruise speed was about 35-40. They handle the rough decently well for their size, but as mentioned before, there are others out there that are better. I spent quite a bit of time on Lake Michigan and always felt comfortable. As with any boats their age, they can either be in very good condition or rotted to pieces. They were a production boat, so you shouldn't expect the custom built quality. A plus side to the Pachanga series is that they offer more creature comforts compared with a true offshore style boat, so it will depend on what you are looking for. Hope this information helps. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Registered

THanks for the help guys... Chances are I will eventually get one