Notices

Hi

Old 07-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi

Hi all,

I am moving to Panamacity FL and am wanting to get a go-fast boat. I am new the the world of performance boats, my father had a 48' outerlimits at LOTO a few years back but at the time I was living in OKC and didn't get to enjoy it very often. I am finaly at a point in my life that I can afford to get a toy of my own and I am looking for some input on what boat to choose, some concerns with owning a high performance boat, and what boats would perform good in the Panamacity area. I have been looking at Hustler Cheetah's, I am wanting around 90mph but I would like to keep it at or under $100k if possible. I have seen a few of these 01-04 going for 75-125k with twin 500efi's and they claim 93mph. Would something like this hold up in FL, I know they look like they have a lower deck height than alot of other boats will that cause me a problem? Also I have read that ins. in FL is really high.

Thanks
Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cable Stretcher
Hi all,

I am moving to Panamacity FL and am wanting to get a go-fast boat. I am new the the world of performance boats, my father had a 48' outerlimits at LOTO a few years back but at the time I was living in OKC and didn't get to enjoy it very often. I am finaly at a point in my life that I can afford to get a toy of my own and I am looking for some input on what boat to choose, some concerns with owning a high performance boat, and what boats would perform good in the Panamacity area. I have been looking at Hustler Cheetah's, I am wanting around 90mph but I would like to keep it at or under $100k if possible. I have seen a few of these 01-04 going for 75-125k with twin 500efi's and they claim 93mph. Would something like this hold up in FL, I know they look like they have a lower deck height than alot of other boats will that cause me a problem? Also I have read that ins. in FL is really high.

Thanks
What happened to the OL 48?...

Can u show us a pic? thats a great looking boat!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:24 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Hey cable 1st welcome to the site. 2nd best case check out a Cigarette Twin Step with 500's or 525's great bang for the buck will run 90 should be in the price range
-Mike
Old 07-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Hey cable 1st welcome to the site. 2nd best case check out a Cigarette Twin Step with 500's or 525's great bang for the buck will run 90 should be in the price range
-Mike
Will NOT run 90 unless its a Gladiator.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
Will NOT run 90 unless its a Gladiator.
yea, but you will have a much nicer boat and you can tell people you run 90.......
Old 07-12-2011, 08:40 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Go get an outerlimits then and be done with it. Who needs anythign else out on the water.
-Mike
Old 07-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

PokerRun Unfourtunatly my dad only kept the OL 48' for a few seasons, he then moved to OKC as well and sold the boat. I will try and post some pics tonight, it was just plain white. I could not even afford the fuel bill on that boat though.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
What happened to the OL 48?...

Can u show us a pic? thats a great looking boat!
it was his dads boat. why does it matter what happened to it?

The thread is about what he should buy for FL.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Registered

Johnny, I would like to go fast thought, not just talk fast I have a small addition to going fast.

What would you guys say the best speed/price point is? Is there a speed that it is somewhat easy to reach without giving up reliability and without costing a fortune?

Also what length would handle/perform good in the Gulf?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

CS,
Welcome to OSO and FL.,
Panama City has some of the most beautiful waters and beaches in the world. As far as a good "Gulf" boat, I would say anything 35-38' range would be fine. We have a Hustler 388 that does great in just about any conditions we boat in. Shop around, and yes boat ins. in Fl is STUPID high $$, unless you stay under 35' and 500HP.
Good luck,
Dean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.