Notices

condensation excessive

Old 07-18-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default condensation excessive

try this again....522 engine dyno time only, install engine and some new hardware and we notice the cooler is leaking-so we have water in engine- discovered the leak quickly as one of the fittings was loose and after a few drips shut her down. replace cooler complete 3 oil changes run it for the weekend all seems good. a couple weeks go by (busy) and was going to head out again dipstick colour is way off and underneath valve cover cap is a big blob of mayo, put my finger underneath valve cover and obviously its full of goop to.

so run engine try and get as much loose as possible complete 4 oil chsnges and finally getting somewhere, ran it on the weekend everything looks awesome......until i put it on the trailer an 1hr ago...pull cap and again mayo arrrrggg!!! dipstick color doesnt look great either..drain it and well you guessed it.

so how many oil changes should it take?
my oil level hasnt increased so it doesnt appear to be taking on any water
i do not have an oil temp just psi and its 50 at idle and 60 under load
is it because im not getting oil temp hot enough
water temp is about 85 and outside temp here the last few days is 105 with 100% humidity

what to do? any ideas
Old 07-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It sounds like you have some sort of water leak. After running all of that time, and IF oil temp is getting up to where it needs to be ( 215 degrees)or so, then it sounds like water intrusion. It may be a good idea to get a oil temp gauge to be sure where you are.

Darrell.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, but if its fine after a couple runs and then reappears? if it was a leak would it not be consistant?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paintman
ok, but if its fine after a couple runs and then reappears? if it was a leak would it not be consistant?
My guess is that it's a small leak from somewhere. And simply takes some time to start showing . That much milk in the middle of summer is not normal. I personally have never seen a boat in good running order get that type of milk in the middle of summer. As you stated, warm water, hot temps, something is not adding up.

Darrell.