Notices

Tryin to get involed!!!

Old 07-12-2011, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tryin to get involed!!!

Hello everybody,

I am a new member here on OSO, I've been on the site many times and finally joined. I live her in the west side of Michigan, i am 22 years old and I would love to get involved with this sport. I purchased a 1995 Baja Outlaw from a family member when i was 19, and that opened "Pandora's Box" for me and fast boats. I'm motivated and want to get outta this day to day routine of selling underground pipe. So anybody out there who could lend a bit of advise regarding how you made it, or any other words of advise in a path i should pursue to get involved in the sport would be great.

Thanks for your time,
KCOLE
Old 07-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay in school (or go back!)
Old 07-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KCOLE
Hello everybody,

I am a new member here on OSO, I've been on the site many times and finally joined. I live her in the west side of Michigan, i am 22 years old and I would love to get involved with this sport. I purchased a 1995 Baja Outlaw from a family member when i was 19, and that opened "Pandora's Box" for me and fast boats. I'm motivated and want to get outta this day to day routine of selling underground pipe. So anybody out there who could lend a bit of advise regarding how you made it, or any other words of advise in a path i should pursue to get involved in the sport would be great.

Thanks for your time,
KCOLE
Words of advice... RUN while you can... It gets addictive and expensive, esp with twins!!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Registered

Smile Boating

Boats = A hole in the water, into witch money is poored.....

Run and don't look back... LOL...........
Old 07-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't listen to these clowns!

Want to buy a Baja 342? It's extremely economical and easy on the wallet!

Honestly....work really hard or get a sugar momma, maybe both!

Last edited by Baja_342; 07-12-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 770 Likes on 352 Posts

What's the old Adage - if you want to make a million bucks in the powerboat industry you shoudl start with 5 million.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:29 PM
Registered

Location: Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just sell your Outlaw and you'll be rolling in the $$$. Apparently they're really rare and really, really valuable!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1996-...rQ5fMotorboats
Old 07-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't be afraid to think outside of the box. While I am no millionaire, I am self employed (own a couple of retail websites) and have the time to use my Velocity anytime I want to (as I work out of my home office, which is 1 block from the marina). While my Velocity isn't the largest (26') or the fastest (68 on GPS), I can afford to use it when ever. Keep your boat fairly economical and you will be able to afford to use it more often....

Last edited by low_psi; 07-12-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Originally Posted by KCOLE
Hello everybody,

Thanks for your time,
KCOLE
Education and some luck for starters is usually a good beginning in just about any career. The marine industry like others needs designers, builders and sellers of their products. Since it is a small industry being good in all three fields is a bonus as a significant segment designs, builds and sells their own products. That includes everything from seats, to life jackets to exhaust systems to complete 50" racing catamarans.
ed
Old 07-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Registered

I always wanted to get into the business.....then I thought, would it take away from my enjoyment of the sport? I know how I work so I'd bust it trying to make the best of my business and lose interest in the sport. I've heard both yes and no from people in the boat business. Work smart, and hard. Make multiple contacts, listen to others with experience, ask questions, keep your word, provide consistent quality service and live within your income limits. Get into a business that is making you money even when you sleep.....passive income.'Keep in mind, a boat is almost guaranteed gonna lose you $$$. If you enjoy it, it is simply expensive entertainment!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.