Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Check Out the Anchor Location on this 35' (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/258134-check-out-anchor-location-35-a.html)

Chico&Zeus 07-19-2011 01:23 PM

If it did break loose, hopefully it would knock those stupid looking air horns off before hitting the driver:lolhit:

CrownHawg 07-19-2011 03:24 PM

I was admiring that square radar arch.

Pez Man 07-19-2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA (Post 3454278)
I could care less about the scratches on the deck. I was more worried about my teeth and skull when it lets loose and flys down the deck through the windshield. :eek:

That was my first thought. I guess if you get smacked in the mouth with that anchor, you wont be worrying about the deck and winshield.

US1 Fountain 07-19-2011 07:00 PM

There may very well be a safety cable that is connected to the anchor that is hidden from view by the spotlight where the rope/chain goes thru the deck that prevents the anchor from going anywhere. The bungy cord is keeping the anchor from flopping around.

Captain YARRR 07-19-2011 09:33 PM

It's just one of those things, why gamble when the downside is having your skull in two pieces? Just doesn't seem worth it.

AO31 07-19-2011 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by low_psi (Post 3455117)
I use bungee cords for anchor lines, dock lines, tie downs for the boat while on the trailer, and to attach my child's car seat to my motorcycle. We even connected 12 of them together to towed in my friends Bayliner over the weekend.

Bungies are great! Especially for towing other more problematic machinery!

low_psi 07-19-2011 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by AO31 (Post 3457147)
Bungies are great! Especially for towing other more problematic machinery!

"Problematic machinery" is a very kind description for that wedge shaped POS I towed in..

TEAMBAJA 07-20-2011 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain (Post 3457021)
There may very well be a safety cable that is connected to the anchor that is hidden from view by the spotlight where the rope/chain goes thru the deck that prevents the anchor from going anywhere. The bungy cord is keeping the anchor from flopping around.

I didnt really notice the spotlight before. I notice its aimed towards the cockpit, maybe to look for missing teeth?:drink:

tinman565 07-20-2011 08:34 AM

Look at the 7th picture down....isnt "polution" spelled with 2 L's ? :lolhit:

Pollution :drink:

hammer01 07-20-2011 11:50 AM

Funny thing though is the Webbcraft 35 was the king in its day at LOTO. Lot of them seen running around busting waves back then. Still several of them down there too!!! There was one at Bergers Marina forever, prob still there!!! Agree tho, lift the back seat and stow the damn anchor before you are anchored in the forehead!!!