If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Charter Member # 55 Charter Member Griff's Avatar
    My Boats:
    ..........32........... Active Thunder
    My prayers go out to his family and all that knew him
    R I P

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    RIP High Life. You will be missed.

Prayers and condolences to all family and friends from everyone in the Active Thunder extended family.

Mod Squad Enforcer Charter Member Cash Bar's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2009 Skater 3212-- MAD PROPS
    On the way to a PR near you
    Sad. RIP.
    Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Jassman's Avatar
    our prayers and condolences go out to Mike and his Family as well as his passanger..we will also pray for his speedy recovery. RIP Mike..

Platinum Member Platinum Member Twin O/B Sonic's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '88 32' Marinette seadan, bridge
    Clarksville (Cincy) Ohio

Great story!

Quote Originally Posted by Top Banana View Post
    Two years ago Mike invited me to go on a poker run with him up on Narragansett Bay. It was the first time I met his son as he was just a little guy when we raced back in the day. He joined us in the boat that day.

We showed up with Mike's 27 foot Magnum sedan with the twin 300 HP outboard Mercs. All the other boats came with their assortment of blowers and number 6 drives etc. Total boat count was close to 30. Mike's son said it looks like we are outclassed....Mike and I laughed and said let's see how we do at the end of the day.

First stop we were the 5th boat, second stop we were the 4th boat and the lunch stop we were the 3rd boat in, behind a 38 foot Cigarette with blower motors and a 32 foot Sutphen.

We explained to his son that the difference was navigation. We didn't follow the boat wakes of the other runners, but set our own course and followed as straight a line as possible. That was old school open ocean racing skills and we both still loved doing it.

I could see the pride come up in his son's eyes for his dad. What first appeared to be a day in an old out of date boat with outboards, proved to his son to be a day worth remembering....which I am sure he is doing right now.
    Still in shock.

God Speed Mike! You will be missed.
    I'd rather be competitive w/junk I built in the garage than win w/stuff I bought.

RIP, My prayers go out to all. This seems so real to me after hitting a 5' wake last weekend that i did not see. Testing a new prop on a high speed run and lost control. almost threw my passenger out and barrel rolled my boat. happens fast.

My Boats:
    42' Sundancer from 2004 formerly known as Big azz cruiser from 2004. Still looking for the right new 38-42 ft. v-bottom!
    Denmark and hopefully some place nice
    My condolences to his family and friends.

Platinum Member Platinum Member blownincome's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2003 35 Executioner
    Epping N.H.
    Met him once several years ago Great guy! This is terrible news my familys thought and prayers are with his family and friends..
    Gods Speed Mike...

My Boats:

Unhappy Godspeed Mike !

Mike on left & Charlie.
    My heart & prayers go out to the Families.

Gold Member Gold Member Pwrbt33's Avatar
    Curtis Bay, Md USA
    God Speed fellow boater...........Praying for a quick and full recovery of his passanger.
    Pwrbt33-John S.
    2012 World Champion Throttleman
    JAWS Marine

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast