Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Prayers needed. OSO member HIGH LIFE killed (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/258204-prayers-needed-oso-member-high-life-killed.html)

innerrage 07-17-2011 07:17 PM

skytech thank you for the update on your dad,thoughts and prayers are with yours and mikes familys , godspeed mike you will me missed dearly

J.B. Marshall 07-17-2011 07:49 PM

Very sad to hear.... RIP

PARADOX 07-17-2011 08:02 PM

So sorry to hear this.
My condolences to his family and friends, and all the best to his passenger and friend.

cowisl 07-17-2011 08:27 PM

Rip. Thoughts and prayers

AB From Windsor 07-17-2011 09:16 PM

Condolences to Mike Spirito's family and friends on his passing and prayers for his passenger for a full recovery. RIP

Expensive Date 07-17-2011 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by Top Banana (Post 3454623)
Two years ago Mike invited me to go on a poker run with him up on Narragansett Bay. It was the first time I met his son as he was just a little guy when we raced back in the day. He joined us in the boat that day.

We showed up with Mike's 27 foot Magnum sedan with the twin 300 HP outboard Mercs. All the other boats came with their assortment of blowers and number 6 drives etc. Total boat count was close to 30. Mike's son said it looks like we are outclassed....Mike and I laughed and said let's see how we do at the end of the day.

First stop we were the 5th boat, second stop we were the 4th boat and the lunch stop we were the 3rd boat in, behind a 38 foot Cigarette with blower motors and a 32 foot Sutphen.

We explained to his son that the difference was navigation. We didn't follow the boat wakes of the other runners, but set our own course and followed as straight a line as possible. That was old school open ocean racing skills and we both still loved doing it.

I could see the pride come up in his son's eyes for his dad. What first appeared to be a day in an old out of date boat with outboards, proved to his son to be a day worth remembering....which I am sure he is doing right now.

Very nice,I did not know him but this has been bothering me all day.I can't imagine what it has been like for those that were close to him.My thoughts are with everyone involved

FuelinAround 07-17-2011 09:49 PM

Prayers for his family..... Accidental deaths are the hardest because the family never has time to prepare themselves

Anarchy Powerboats 07-18-2011 12:28 AM

I truly hope it was "instantaneous"
Godspeed Brother Mike.

timewarp 07-18-2011 12:33 AM

Godspeed Mike!
Get well passenger. Thoughts and prayers for family and friends.

Mr Gadgets 07-18-2011 04:57 AM

Thoughts and prayers for the family. So sad to hear this terrible news..