Changes at Dave's Custom Boats

Notices

Changes at Dave's Custom Boats

Old 07-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,221 Posts
Default Changes at Dave's Custom Boats

This just in, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...s-changes.html.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 07-18-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Dcb

Matt, thankyou for posting this article. I've been wanting to know what in the world was going on at DCB Racing, and no one's been talking about it.

I've met Dave many times, and he's always super cool with me, so I was very disappointed when I heard the new's. Im glad he's keeping a role in the company, after all, he is the brand (DCB), so wondering if the name will stay the same?

Any idea who this outside investment is? I have a strong idea, but i'd rather not say on here.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:28 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,221 Posts

Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Matt, thankyou for posting this article. I've been wanting to know what in the world was going on at DCB Racing, and no one's been talking about it.

I've met Dave many times, and he's always super cool with me, so I was very disappointed when I heard the new's. Im glad he's keeping a role in the company, after all, he is the brand (DCB), so wondering if the name will stay the same?

Any idea who this outside investment is? I have a strong idea, but i'd rather not say on here.
PokerRun,

First, you are welcome. Reporting this kind of news is never what I'd call "fun" and, as reporter, you need to handle it with a certain amount of sensitivity and caution.

I really don't know who the outside investor might be. I could guess (I guess), but Dave Hemmingson didn't feel it was appropriate to disclose that information at this time, which makes sense as negotiations are ongoing.

Obviously, there's been a lot of buzz around this topic. I spoke with Tony at DCB late last week, he spoke to Dave regarding our discussion and I talked to Dave today shortly after he sent the release.

My hope is that with Dave still involved, but not grinding 12 to 14 hours a day, most often seven days a week, that DCB will continue on what has been a rather amazing path. I can't imagine that anyone who knows the people at the company and its products feels differently.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Taking on investors, especially opnes that wholly believe in the product is part of a growth plan for any business. The outside money leads to more R&D as well as potentially hiring more people in order for the owner to talk with potential clients for moving more inventory. There is a downside as well, hopefully they can keep all egos in check and grow the company more even in this economy
Old 07-19-2011, 05:49 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I am not a reporter, so I can make a guess. I know who would be a good fit and would make DCB even better.....Bob Teague.