Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Spider poo (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/258367-spider-poo.html)

riverboater 07-19-2011 08:07 AM

Spider poo

Just got back from Loto
Have spider poo on seat removed black with cleaner still have little red dots What is a good way to remove this

314joey 07-19-2011 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by riverboater (Post 3456334)
Just got back from Loto
Have spider poo on seat removed black with cleaner still have little red dots What is a good way to remove this

Have you tried a Magic-eraser, just don't push to hard to ruin the upholstry.

pm203 07-19-2011 08:25 AM

It should fade out in the sun.

Sea-Dated 07-19-2011 08:32 AM

Let the sun bleach it out after hitting it with the Magic Eraser.

Special Rob 07-19-2011 09:18 AM

Try Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner Conditioner T363. I know. It sounds strange. However, two years ago I had purple berry bird poo on my seats that wouldn't come out regardless. So after nearly damaging the area I wanted to condition it and didn't have any vinyl cleaner, so I tried the leather cleaner conditioner. It not only conditioned the vinyl, but took the purple spot out immediately. So, before storage last fall I went and did all of the vinyl. Still nice and soft in the spring. Not sure how it will work on spiders, but it works great for birds and conditioning. It's worth a try and definately won't hurt it.

riverboater 07-19-2011 10:08 AM

Yes I tried magic easer Krazy clean Simgle green
I am trying this on a test spot on a cushion
I seen some spray on the web site for spider poo cleaner

intotwins 07-19-2011 10:40 AM

Take a towel soaked in bleach and lay it on the spot and let the towel dry it will then draw the stain out of the vinyl (only do this on the white vinyl) This is what our detailers used at LOTO

Perfect Storm 07-19-2011 01:17 PM

I would not use straight bleech on anything on my boat... it is far too powerful & corrosive and has the potential to do much more harm than good. It bites too deeply into the vinyl and the stitching and could cause the stiching to dry-rot and come apart prematurely.

I use Meguiars gold class leather/vinyl cleaner followed by the gold class conditioner. Or you could try the turtle wax products mentioned above... Either way, you always want to use a product that will clean without the possibility of damaging your vinyl, followed by a conditioner to restore the moisture & UV protectants to your vinyl and the stitching.

I've even used windex and zep glass cleaner in a pinch to get the spider poop off, and then followed up right away with a vinyl/leather conditioner to protect it. Even if you still see the small red dots when you are done, like other people have mentioned, the sun should take care of the rest.