If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Designie
    This argument about safety doesn't have much to do with anything. It's America, you're free to buy whatever you want. It's OK to say you want it because it's BIG and it's cool. But to safe they're safe is a little far fetched. Every morning driving down I-696 in Detroit, and I mean EVERY morning, I hear the same thing on the radio: "Rollover accident on I-696 and so and so..." What kind of vehicle do you think rolled over? Until people learn how to really drive instead of strapping themselves in a tank and saying "It's safer", the point is mute.
    I'm taking delivery of my General Dynamics M1A1 next week, I hear it earned 5 stars in the crash tests....
    In a vehicle on vehicle accident, which is more likely than a roll over, they are much safer than a smaller car.

Originally posted by HavasuCat
    My girlfriend used to drive an Acura, and not only could I not stand to ride in the thing because it was so small, but I feared for her safety should she get into an accident. I have seen to many accidents where the small vehicle loses. I tryed to get her an Excursion but she was to small to drive the thing (5' tall). We ended up getting her a Suburban which is the next best thing. She loves it and I feel better about her driving something safe.

As far as gas mielage is concerned...An Excursion with a PSD will get at least 15, and maybe a little better if speeds are kept down. Not bad for a vehicle of it's size. I got 13.5 towing a 42 tiger in my new F-350 with a PSD.
    Just a little off subject here, but Chris isn't it time you got used to calling her your "fiancee"? I know it took me three monthes after buying the ring to get used to it.
    I agree completely though, when Patricia met she had a Volvo and I hated it. We got her that full size Blazer in 94 and she still loves it.
    13.5 towing that Tiger? that is awesome I love my V-10 but mileage like that it hard to argue with.

My Boats:
    24' formula

i've heard this rumor for months now and its hogwash...they plan on building them until at least 2005. a friend of mine has a contract to build x parts for ford until then.

they can have my PSD when they pry it from my cold dead hands

this just sounds like a bunch of surburban owners full of hope!

We love our X Limited 4x2.

Pulls boats and trailers all over the country. Plenty of juice on the ramps.

Stay out of the throttle and the PSD gets 18-20.

Always loaded with plenty of people and stuff for the weekends at the lake house.

Wife drives it any chance she can and lets the sports car sit in the garage. Safety factor and she can take everybody to lunch!

Now why is it that every time I start talking trucks with a Suburban owner, I find myself defending my purchase? Could it be just a bit of envy?

Toxic FORMULA Platinum Member mopower's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's
    pitman nj
    Alaskan oil??? If you check all the oil rigs in Alaska you'll find they're all aimed toward Iraq

Hey, I hear ya. I like vans, real vans not those mini things. But my wife would never go for it. Not cool enough for her. I do have to kind of agree. I wish I had a picture of my X plowing through a mud bog at my buddies house with the PSD roaring and mud flying that is the ultimate in cool. I wish I had a picture of the looks on my buddies faces when I went through the mud. I thought they were going to have to clean out thier shorts. The fronts I mean. They said the sound of that diesel was incredible. A van even and E-350 with the PSD can't match that.

I brought a van home from work one day. While taking one of the kids to a game my wife hid her head in shame. Shes a transplanted country girl, so vans don't figure into the equation.

Platinum Member Platinum Member Reindl Powerboats's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Reindl 28 Vamp, Reindl One Design
    We like ours, it is the best of both worlds and it is a big D.

My Boats:
    boating , old wood boats &old cars
    BIrmingham, MI, USA
    I hear ya.. these vehicles are not at their greatest when driven in the city and used for parrell parking. But this is America and if we can afford it.. we can have it. The X with a diesel is much more fuel effiecent than the wood grained 1979 caprice station.. wagon.. family.. truckster with a smoghog 350.. that towing got 8 miles to the gallon !!! Saftey is a large factor...getting hit by these SUV's in a car.... the result is poor but a GRAVEL TRAIN is worse!!!!!

My Boats:
    1949 Chris-Craft
    Orlando, FL
    Haven't heard anything about the Excursion being dropped. But they have dropped the Blackwood pickup. Shame, nice looking truck too.

My Boats:
    1992 Hustler 32 Sport
    the Excursion is not being discontinued - '03 order guides have the truck in there !!!!!!!

rumors rumors !

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast