Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FYI - Ford Discontinues Excursion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25852-fyi-ford-discontinues-excursion.html)

Uncle Toys 06-07-2002 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Come on, if I have the money and I want my wife to drive the biggest thing available – done deal! If she is a menace on the road, then Troutly needs to give her a ticket. As far as fuel efficiency, give me a break. The world is awash in oil, we have the toughest pollution standards in the world – done deal! Be thankful we live in a free-enterprise society where these decisions are possible and count your blessing, because this could be my next SUV!

h2owarrior 06-07-2002 07:30 PM

:D :D :D

MK 06-07-2002 10:08 PM

JD Power shows the Excursion on the current platform ending production in December 2004 and starting on a new platform in January 2005. Volume is a little over 30k per year.

They also list that the X is due for a facelift in July 2002, which will be similar to what the Yukon/Sub are going to receive at the 03 model year change over.

I have not heard or read anything in industry news about the X going away.

MK

birdog 06-09-2002 11:51 AM

Hey Cat....Youre losing me here? { Maybe im slow} E-350 Vans are OK. But SUVs arent ? Whats the diff ?? Also I dont know if you have a boat or not {Profile doesnt say} But you must be into Hi-Perf. Boating or you wouldnt be here. Theres not much out there worse than twinn blown BBs pushing big boats,as far as fuel consumtion goes!!!!!! You cant have it both ways Dude!!!!:D

birdog 06-09-2002 05:17 PM

Cat: I see youre point about station wagons.Nothing pisses me off more than soccer moms roaring down the road with cell phone stuffed in ear with one hand and "johnys dirty diaper in the other!!Cant count how many times ive had to drop two wheels off these 2 lane roads to avoid swapping mirrors with these idiots!!!Station Wagons were good enough for our moms!!!:D
Oh well this is america,drive what you like!!!!!!

T2x 06-09-2002 09:15 PM

Hey Uncle Toys:

Loved the Kenworth....but don't forget the Freightliner "Fossil Fueler" , The Peterbuilt "Annihilator", and the Mack "Mastadon".....all of them come with steps and a unique wiper system which completely removes small Japanese autos from the lower bumpers.

T2x

buck183 06-09-2002 10:38 PM

There's a pretty simple way to look at it guys......

Minivan=Station Wagon

Suv=Enlosed Pickup Truck

I know which one I'll take.

Buck

Uncle Toys 06-10-2002 01:17 PM

What’s wrong Catman, 100 years reserves aren’t enough for you. You plan on living longer? Maybe we should go back to burning whale blubber to light our homes. Hey now, that’s a renewable source!

Doomsayers to the contrary, the world contains far more recoverable oil than was believed even 20 years ago. Since the oil shocks in the 70’s, estimated global oil reserves have grown over 70% while usage has continually gone up – uh, excuse me – at “faster and faster rates with bigger and bigger vehicles,” and lions and tigers and bears, oh my! Us silly capitalist pigs just keep filling the coffers of those devils in the middle east. That must be why Saudi Arabia ran a $5 billion deficit last year. God, we better stop being such greedy free-market dopes.

Sorry to be such a simpleton. I just keep spewing my lame dogma about free markets and free people. Just like the other simpletons before me – Thomas Jefferson, Adam Smith, etc.

But then again, maybe there is something to this right wing stuff. Clone dangerous housewives, give them monster trucks to terrorize the suburbs, let them devour our precious natural resources, profits will go through the roof, we’ll be even richer. Ohhhhhh!!!!!!

dockrocker 06-10-2002 03:04 PM

The geniuses that are lamenting the telling us that global warming is just around the corner are the same chicken littles that were screaming back in the 70's about a new ice age. And let's not forget overpopulation. All of which are suitable material to fertilize your garden, if you catch my drift.

UT - well said.

Dock Holiday 06-11-2002 10:59 AM

"COLOR ME STUPID"

I have been HAD by my Ford Dealer.

Went by yesterday and they were laughing their ass off.

Ford "IS NOT" discontinuing the Excursion.

I give this guy hell, we have know each other for over 12 years and he set me up big time. Not only did he convince me that the Excursion was gone, but two other saleman went along and backed his story up.

Very sorry guys, those that know me know I don't try to post anything that is not fact.

Oh well, Let the "Big X" live on.

Mark