If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ford cannot cancel your warranty for using over the counter aftermarket parts intended to replace stock parts that normally wear or have failed. Such as oil filters, alternators, tie rod ends, tires, bearings, and that sort of thing. Ford can cancel your warranty if you MODIFY stock components that make the vehicle run or perform a particular way. If you put a 6 inch lift kit on your truck and you start going through U joints they don't have to cover them, because you modified the standard geometry and characteristics of the truck.

If you put a chip into the truck and modify the characteristics of the engine to gain HP and Torque they can cancel the warranty. But if you put an aftermarket chip in to replace a failed stock chip that does not change the standard HP or torque then it should be covered.

My dealer tried to sell me a chip for my PSD too. Isn't there some conflict of interest there?

The verdict is in!

My chip went bad. $150 in labor and a $55 tow. Guess I get to test Hypertechs customer service now. Arrrrrrrrgggggggg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12