If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy MY Ford PSD died today

99 Ford F250 PSD with one of the early Hypertech chips. Just quit running two blocks from my house. Drained and changed the fuel filter and noticed the filter housing will not refill. This thing only has 58,000 miles on it. Im hoping its covered under the 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty. I got an oppurtunity to take the mechanic aside at the dealership and told him about the "chip". He was fine with it and stated he wouldnt tell Ford about it. He said they would yank my warranty quick if they knew it was in there. After talking to him, he hopped in my truck and it fired right up. Ran for about 5 minutes and shut off again. Any guesses on what the problem is.

Platinum Member Charter Member
    My Boats:
    so. WI
    Run it by the guys at
    They'll have some pretty quick answers for you!

To make my day even better. The oral surgeon had to reopen my gums and grind down some bone spurs that formed after having my wisdom teeth yanked a month ago. My face looks like a balloon. I just popped another Percocet and these problems should be fading soon

Thats what a friend who works on em said. As long as its covered and I can get to Michigan with the boat by Friday night!

Charter Member #34 Charter Member Dock Holiday's Avatar
    Beautiful North Carolina
    By law Ford CANNOT yank your warranty for having the chip.

The Senior Charter Member #1070 Charter Member Tbonepmp's Avatar
    STL / LOTO

Question Just curious....

Originally posted by Baja Boss
    By law Ford CANNOT yank your warranty for having the chip.

What is the reasoning behind this...???
    (What you see, is what you get!)
    "Live every day to it's fullest for you give a day of your life to it."

Charter Member #30 Charter Member Scott's Avatar
    My Boats:
    PQ 38 Avenger
    I had to change mine a couple months ago. I'm out of warranty,cost about 70.00 from a big truck supply shop. I got all my info from the ford diesel link above,great sight for info on the PSD. Scott

I have heard that there is nothing Ford service can do about the chip changing the warranty status on the vehicle. My dealer Brondes in Toledo NEVER had a issue with it,they even sold them.
    I have Steps & Bubbles!

Clearwater Florida
    My 99 would do that every now and then. It turned out that the chip was not making real good conection through the diagnostic port on the ECM. I took the ECM out and scotch brited more of the proctective coating off the port contacts and never had the problem again.

Wild Horses

My "unchipped" unit is still waiting to run you. Maybe you could flatbed it up here to Ontario and we could "race" with the engines off down the local hill.
    Good Luck.

Platinum Member Platinum Member CigDaze's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette 35 Cafe Racer
    St. Petersburg, FL
    It sounds a lot like the cam position sensor gone bad. It's an all too common occurrance. You need to keep spares in your glove box like fuses and light bulbs...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast