If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Thread: New Guy

My Boats:
    88' Baja 226 Sport(SOLD) 99' Sonic Prowler 496 HO(SOLD) Searching!!!
    Long Island, NY

New Guy

Hey all, I am new to the site and new to the world of boating, but not new to high performance. Im a drag racer trying his hand in the offshore boat world.

I picked up a Baja 226 sport fairly cheap with a 502, bravo, etc. Had the boat out 5x before the motor puked. I am currently rebuilding the motor with a bit more HP. WHen i pulled the motor i was surprised to find it was a bowtie block. being a drag racer i knew what this meant haha.

My real question is guys, I found a beautiful Donzi Z25 that i can get for about 5g that needs a motor but the boat is mint, new interior, cuddy interior, rebuilt drive. For an 89' the boat is immaculate. Is this boat all around better then my baja? Is it more capaable of speeds in the 70's then my boat? My boat does have some wiring issues and the cuddy needs to be redone plus it was bottom painted. Just trying to see if its worth spending the dough to pick this other one up since my boat is without a motor anyways.

Thanks for the info guys. Im am excited to be in the boat world now but not so much for the lighter pockets im gonna have from it haha.

My Boats:
    2009 30 LS7 SKATER 711
    Livonia Mi Usa
    donzi is definently upgrade do it if you can

My Boats:
    1984 tri-hull deck boat, 1989 Baja Force 235, 1990 Powerquest 290 enticer fx
    louisville, ky
    I would do Donzi over Baja anytime!! Go for it!

VIP Member VIP Member
    Welcome to OSO Mike!

You'll find everything that you need here from opinions to parts to boats, its all here.

My Boats:
    29' FOUNTAIN 525SC
    Washington, IL
    You can always retake a class, but you can never relive a party.

My Boats:

Smile Welcome to OSO

First of all, Welcome to OSO Mike..!!!

I would for sure go with the Donzi, I just like everything better about the boat, it's name, and I think you'll be happier long term. But if your happy with the Baja, then that's cool too!

Enjoy the summer.!!