Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
lake anna drag boats this weekend? >

lake anna drag boats this weekend?

Notices

lake anna drag boats this weekend?

Old 06-05-2002, 05:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question lake anna drag boats this weekend?

Somewhere I heard of boat drags this weekend at Lake Anna near Fredericksburg VA this weekend. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I would greatly appreciate it, thanks. Forum search didn't pull up any hits.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:55 AM
mlitefan

Lake Anna Regatta

June 8 and 9, Lake Anna Regatta, located about 20 minutes from Fredericksburg, VA. This is not a race, but it's a big east coast get together for performance boats. You will need proper boat registration, life jackets, anchor, "MUFFLERS", etc. Join us for a relaxing weekend and a chance to recruit new members for the club. For information, call Walt Braithwaite Sr. 215-672-2424.
Hotel information-----High Point Marina 540-895-5249 or Holiday Inn 540-582-1097

http://free.hotboat.net/ubb/Forum4/HTML/001458.html

Old 06-05-2002, 08:12 AM
Registered

Default Performance Get togeather

Mlitefan
would like to come,My big block Sanger has Twin Turbos, will they recongize this as Mufflers?? What do performance boats with Zoomies do?Please give a reply..
eliminator219
Old 06-05-2002, 08:23 AM
mlitefan

Actually, I don't have a drag boat, I have a not so deep V. I live only an hour away from Lake Anna and I don't really get up there very often but when I have, there have been plenty of drag boats up there.

I just wanted to pass along the info that I saw as well...

It would be wild to go up and hear all those jet/drag boats running at once...Better bring ear plugs!!!

I would give the marina a call and check it out...

Old 06-05-2002, 09:52 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

A word of caution about Lake Anna:

Lake Anna is a small (about 13 miles long) lake that was man made to cool a nuclear power plant. When they made the lake, they did not remove the stumps from the shallow areas. Right now, the water is down anywhere from 2.5-5 feet depending on when and who you talk to. Flatbottoms will obviously be less susceptible to damage there; but there are literally sculptures made at some of the marinas out of destroyed props, and lots and of ripped off outdrives. Ask Agressor 25; he went back to the stump that took his outdrive out, and reclaimed his destroyed prop and prop shaft.

I would be interested in going too, but I am seriously going to investigate the condition of the lake first. I would suggest calling some of the marinas listed on the other board; and if I get any info from my friends on the lake, I will post here.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-05-2002 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Thanks for the info Sydwayz. I might be at Lake Anna June 22-23 and was thinking of taking my boat.
Old 06-05-2002, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Dave M,

Open the link below and scroll down. Is that your boat in the picture?

http://www.extrememarine.cc/Picsx.html
Old 06-05-2002, 01:48 PM
Charter Member #355
Charter Member

I drove down to Anna last Friday. Just to see the water level for myself. Like Brian said, everyone says something different. It looks to be around 3 or 4ft low. The two ramps we usually use are gonna be iffy as to whether or not we can get our 25 ft boats in there.

We usually spend a lot of time at Anna. The water is clean and sometimes you can actually find a little rough water if you go down by the dam.

I wish I knew about the "regatta" earlier. I didn't think anything organized ever happend at Lake Anna. Especially Hi-perf boats!! I

I don't have a drive yet so I'll miss this weekend. Any plans for other get togethers later in the season?

Eric
Old 06-05-2002, 09:21 PM
Registered

Thumbs up thanks everybody

Thanks for the info guys, looks like we will head over but leave the boat home.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:26 PM
Charter Member #355
Charter Member

Bucky, what size is your boat? I may not take mine if I don't get a Bravo in time. But may ride with Brian if he goes. Not sure yet, I need to work on the boat some too.

The water is shallow but for this I think it's worth it to see a bunch of bad v-drives and jet boats running around. Just have to keep a sharp eye on the depth finder and stay away from the normal shallow spots.

I think that Sturgeon Creek ramp is probably the best choice if you go.

Eric

Quick Reply: lake anna drag boats this weekend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.