If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    1988 Fountain 8.8
    Cape Coral

Co Owned Jet Ski Disaster

I got a used jet ski once that came from a partnership for pretty cheap. One of them or their kids took the ski out destroyed a piston, and with the loose rod beating around inside the engine rode it back to the lake house.

I was asked to look at it by the other guy when he said it made a horrible knocking sound when he fired it up. The other guy, said ' hey, it ran fine when he brought it back from his ride'. So my buddy got beat out of 1/2 the cost of the ski (he knew the other guy for over 20 years, and his wife and the other guys wives were best friends).

So, when I showed him there was no piston in the bore like the other one when looking down through the spark plug hole, he just shook his head and walked away, and signed over the title saying it's yours now. Wasn't worth the rebuilt crank, pistons, and bore job that I did finally put in it, rode it for three or four years and sold it for the cost of the parts to me.

My Boats:
    1999 28Skater, 2008 300XS: 28 Pantera Race 6 pax, 10 meter Fountain
    Atlanta / Ft. Myers Fl.
    Quote Originally Posted by searaycer View Post
    There is a boat club right here in Naples..220 a month, than just pay for gas, leave it at the dock they wash it up. I am friends with the GM. It works for alot of people that dont want the hassle of ownership.
    Where is it located? How far from Ft.Myers beach/ Sanibel area?What kind of boats do they have?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12