Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Am I crazy or is there a way (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/259226-am-i-crazy-there-way.html)

nitrousnolan 07-31-2011 02:03 PM

Am I crazy or is there a way

to keep Imco lowers from picking up weeds like that is there intention and sole purpose in this world. I have a pair of 2" shorties on my flat bottom Fountain, I have had more issues with these getting clogged with weeds this season that I want to install transom pick ups and ditch these stupid nose pickups. On top of the weeds I have WAY TOO MUCH water pressure that I did not have until the installation of these. I have talked to others that have had the water PSI problem like me and others that have had to open up this water pickup due to LOW PSI. Now I had a thought and correct me (which I'm sure you will) if you think other but I have the idea of using appoxy to attach a piece of screen over the outside of the pickup to lower the water inlet area to also lower the water PSI and hopefully keep the weeds from entering the drive and getting jammed with weeds. Any ideas or experience with any off these issues or resolutions I would love to hear them. I'm off to back flush the system now and see what treasures I picked up this weekend.

FIXX 07-31-2011 02:23 PM

Fixx

Originally Posted by nitrousnolan (Post 3466203)
to keep Imco lowers from picking up weeds like that is there intention and sole purpose in this world. I have a pair of 2" shorties on my flat bottom Fountain, I have had more issues with these getting clogged with weeds this season that I want to install transom pick ups and ditch these stupid nose pickups. On top of the weeds I have WAY TOO MUCH water pressure that I did not have until the installation of these. I have talked to others that have had the water PSI problem like me and others that have had to open up this water pickup due to LOW PSI. Now I had a thought and correct me (which I'm sure you will) if you think other but I have the idea of using appoxy to attach a piece of screen over the outside of the pickup to lower the water inlet area to also lower the water PSI and hopefully keep the weeds from entering the drive and getting jammed with weeds. Any ideas or experience with any off these issues or resolutions I would love to hear them. I'm off to back flush the system now and see what treasures I picked up this weekend.

a friend had the same issues last weekend!,, i installed a LWPU duringthe week and he said its perfect now and no issues..

nitrousnolan 07-31-2011 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by mrfixxall (Post 3466209)
a friend had the same issues last weekend!,, i installed a LWPU duringthe week and he said its perfect now and no issues..

On what kind of boat?

FIXX 07-31-2011 11:01 PM

fixx

Originally Posted by nitrousnolan (Post 3466329)
On what kind of boat?

25' baja islander