Am I crazy or is there a way >

Am I crazy or is there a way

Notices

Am I crazy or is there a way

Old 07-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I crazy or is there a way

to keep Imco lowers from picking up weeds like that is there intention and sole purpose in this world. I have a pair of 2" shorties on my flat bottom Fountain, I have had more issues with these getting clogged with weeds this season that I want to install transom pick ups and ditch these stupid nose pickups. On top of the weeds I have WAY TOO MUCH water pressure that I did not have until the installation of these. I have talked to others that have had the water PSI problem like me and others that have had to open up this water pickup due to LOW PSI. Now I had a thought and correct me (which I'm sure you will) if you think other but I have the idea of using appoxy to attach a piece of screen over the outside of the pickup to lower the water inlet area to also lower the water PSI and hopefully keep the weeds from entering the drive and getting jammed with weeds. Any ideas or experience with any off these issues or resolutions I would love to hear them. I'm off to back flush the system now and see what treasures I picked up this weekend.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by nitrousnolan
to keep Imco lowers from picking up weeds like that is there intention and sole purpose in this world. I have a pair of 2" shorties on my flat bottom Fountain, I have had more issues with these getting clogged with weeds this season that I want to install transom pick ups and ditch these stupid nose pickups. On top of the weeds I have WAY TOO MUCH water pressure that I did not have until the installation of these. I have talked to others that have had the water PSI problem like me and others that have had to open up this water pickup due to LOW PSI. Now I had a thought and correct me (which I'm sure you will) if you think other but I have the idea of using appoxy to attach a piece of screen over the outside of the pickup to lower the water inlet area to also lower the water PSI and hopefully keep the weeds from entering the drive and getting jammed with weeds. Any ideas or experience with any off these issues or resolutions I would love to hear them. I'm off to back flush the system now and see what treasures I picked up this weekend.
a friend had the same issues last weekend!,, i installed a LWPU duringthe week and he said its perfect now and no issues..
Old 07-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
a friend had the same issues last weekend!,, i installed a LWPU duringthe week and he said its perfect now and no issues..
On what kind of boat?
Old 07-31-2011, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by nitrousnolan
On what kind of boat?
25' baja islander