Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New Energy Bill $1.49.9 Per Gallon Nation Wide >

New Energy Bill $1.49.9 Per Gallon Nation Wide

Notices

New Energy Bill $1.49.9 Per Gallon Nation Wide

Old 08-01-2011, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you're proposing giving the guvment MORE control over gas prices?!?! Let's see, that $1.49 a gallon you want won't even cover the TAXES they already put on it! Their squirrely drilling policies and the EPA are the main reason for the high prices in the first place!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Old 08-01-2011, 06:48 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Frequency
Google has become a dominant economic force. No one is complaining about their 50% profits????
Google doesn't fvck me at the pump for $100 every three days
Old 08-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So much for free markets, let's have the government set the price on everything that way no company can make a profit
Old 08-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Ah yes, yet another who doesn't understand Free Market Economics 101. But wait, neither does our own government. It's tough to tell who the bigger idiot is.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I used to buy beer for a lot less as well, same for food. My cable bill costs more than my monthly car gas. The more fuel efficient cars out there, the less gas is used. Possibly, cheaper prices to follow.

I can't imagine having a boat with 1000 plus HP and worrying about the gas bill. Caps would destroy us all. At $149 a gallon, only the Middle East would be suppliers. Kind of going in the wrong direction there. With oil at $65 plus, it puts more players in the game.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Too Stroked
Ah yes, yet another who doesn't understand Free Market Economics 101. But wait, neither does our own government. It's tough to tell who the bigger idiot is.
At this point I don't really give a flying fvck about free markets as they apply gas/oil. There is no alternative, no other game in town. In my area I have no alternative (at least from an efficiency standpoint) to home heating oil, so I get stuck paying $700-$800 per month to heat a 2500 sq/ft house...reasonable? No. My gas bill is $200 a week minimum for my truck, and no I can't drive a car because of my business. I'm not a billionaire like many on this board who seem not to give a sh!t about the price of gas, so shelling out that much definitely has an affect on my discretionary income, one reason (of many) I sold the PowerPlay.

So to those of you who say "maybe you shouldn't be in boating if you're worried about gas prices" might not care but it has knocked a few of us that are passionate about this endeavor out of the game. Don't forget, it's just not the price of the gas put in the boat, but everything I've listed above plus the inflation it has caused on many products.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok let put this in more personal terms, you want the government to set the price of gas, but what if they set your wages? Who care if you work harder or better than the next guy your wage is set never to make more. Sound fair now?
Old 08-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BBB725
Ok let put this in more personal terms, you want the government to set the price of gas, but what if they set your wages? Who care if you work harder or better than the next guy your wage is set never to make more. Sound fair now?
Never said I wanted the Gov't to set the price, it's way more complicated than a simple concept than that. I do feel some of the hedge funds/speculators/traders are running a bit wild with this whole thing. However like I said it's a pretty complicated system, everyone has their hand in the pot including the government, everyone except those who purchase the product. And the reason they get away with it is because we have no choice but to purchase it.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 PM
BRT
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

convince emerging markets that they don't need oil for combustion or anything petrolium based. In addition to that, an economy with no inflation and then you will see prices drop.
The Government influences the industry plenty.

I guess I'll never understand why we villify the wealthy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.