Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Business Must Be Good!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/259459-business-must-good.html)

caseyh 08-03-2011 12:32 PM

sent 2 emails today we shal see what comes of them.. not chasing anyone down. dont need a new boat that bad!

1987pachanga22 08-03-2011 12:35 PM

I keep leaving messages and emails over the last 3 weeks at Lake Wide in the Ozarks but nothing! I don’t know are the still open. The 32 Black Thunder Im interested in has been listed for a long time. If it wasn’t such an oddball boat I wouldn’t keep trying.

Are these guys still open or just not give a crud?
LAKE WIDE YACHT BROKERAGE 573-372-6036 GRAVOIS MILLS, MO 65037
:cuqui:

LAriverratt 08-03-2011 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by caseyh (Post 3468921)
sent 2 emails today we shal see what comes of them.. not chasing anyone down. dont need a new boat that bad!

I don't have any emails from you today...what's up with that???!!!???:lolhit:

36Tango 08-03-2011 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine (Post 3468890)
When I get closer to pulling the trigger I plan on giving them a call again!

Not to make excuses for them, but I suspect that may be some of the reason for the lack of responses. I cannot imagine how many people they must talk to everyday that just want to talk boats, not buy boats. They make a living by selling, not just talking. I typically do as much research on forums like this, and don't even talk to a dealer or even a private owner until I am "ready to pull the trigger", and at that point, I let them know exactly that.

I know this may not be a popular opinion, but I suspect that it is pretty close to being accurate.

Interceptor 08-03-2011 04:20 PM

It's not just the boat industry. I went through a similar situation trying to buy a car recently. After having 5 or 6 dealers either outright lie to me or never return calls I got with the manufacturer and they located the exact car and model we wanted at a dealer in Chicago that then sold me the car.
ed

buck183 08-03-2011 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by cdowns (Post 3468837)
I hope it was'nt Pier 57, Sometimes our email get mixed up with the downstairs book keepers stuff and we never see it.. So if anyone on here has a question for PIER 57, Please give me a call... 731-689-4000:drink::drink:

This is getting saved in my phone for this weekend's drunk call at 4 am. :)

Masher you're officially off the hook now. Someone esle is taking your place.

Buck

Quinlan 08-03-2011 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja (Post 3468906)
We appreciate the call and the post. The boat you called on has spent a couple of months of my lift at the house, I know it well and its one that I almost want to keep! Almost!!!:drink:

Brett
Performance Boat Brokerage

Also if you need a drive rebuild at 10PM and delivered to Condo at 2AM!! They ROCK!!

bert4332 08-03-2011 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Turbojack (Post 3468888)
I contacted a dealer that had a used boat on OSO. Got no responce. About a year earlier I had contaced the owner that had the boat. I dug up his email address and emailed him if boat was still for sale & told him I had not heard from dealer in over a week. Guy told me yes and said he would deal with me on the sale. Over next 2 weeks looked at and bought boat. Two weeks lafter that I get email from dealer saying the yes boat was still for sale and wanted to know if I wanted to see it. I forwared the email on to the person I had bought the boat from.

So what normally happens when the owner has the boat on consignment with a dealer but sells the boat himself? Does the dealer get paid expenses?

POWERPLAY J 08-03-2011 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by bert4332 (Post 3469313)
So what normally happens when the owner has the boat on consignment with a dealer but sells the boat himself? Does the dealer get paid expenses?

My buddy is a boat broker. It all depends on what's in the contract. I've listed houses before and if I found the buyer the contract with realtor was void.

caseyh 08-03-2011 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by LAriverratt (Post 3469075)
I don't have any emails from you today...what's up with that???!!!???:lolhit:

Have some stuff up my sleeve may show up with a new to me "led sled" and thats all I am saying and it's not the trowler in Nola.