Ethanol/Employment/Economy

Notices

Ethanol/Employment/Economy

Old 08-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ethanol/Employment/Economy

Congress is considering modifying subsidy payments for Ethanol.

My argument has been for eliminating any and all Ethanol mandates for Marine and small engines. Non-Ethanol fuel should be readily available at all Marinas and other known land based locations.

Management of dispensing Non-Ethanol fuel at land based locations should be simple to control for specific applications.

I would encourage everyone to contact their congress man and Senator to argue risk of pollution from Fiberglas fuel tanks, effected employment, economic impact, small engine burden and voter sentiment.

Further, the application specific, tax payer is not only paying for Ethanol Subsidy, the tax payer pays again and again while using the subsidized product.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I disagree with the whole "Ethanol Subsidy Mandate" anyway. Be it marine or other applications. Let the corn and rice be eaten and not BURNED! There will be a market for grain with or without the Ethanol. If someday in the future they can "efficiently" produce ethanol from farm WASTE, I'd be for that, albeit outside of the marine market of course.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Registered

Don't even get me started with ethanol - it costs more to produce, it contains less energy consequently affecting mileage of any vehicle using it, AND it causes all kinds of fuel system problems.

As stated above, corn and rice should be eaten, not burned.

Since it is really a drop in the bucket as far as weening America off of oil, let's take the money and put it to better use domestically.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 273 Likes on 163 Posts

While were at it lets eliminate all subsidies.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
While were at it lets eliminate all subsidies.
Awesome idea!
Old 08-05-2011, 03:43 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CcanDo
I would encourage everyone to contact their congress man and Senator to argue risk of pollution from Fiberglas fuel tanks, effected employment, economic impact, small engine burden and voter sentiment.

Like our Senators care what so ever what you think. You are kidding yourself if you think they have our best interest at heart.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CLA
Like our Senators care what so ever what you think. You are kidding yourself if you think they have our best interest at heart.
Here's a guy who knows what he's talking about.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:55 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Democratic bill to end oil subsidies is defeated in the Senate
OIL COMPANIES

Maine Republican Sen. Susan Collins said the bill, even if it had passed, would not bring down prices at the gas pump.On a mostly party-line vote, the Senate on Tuesday defeated a Democratic measure to strip major oil companies of about $20 billion in tax subsidies over the next 10 years and use the savings to pay down the deficit.

Three Democrats and two Republicans crossed sides in the 52-48 vote, preventing the bill from reaching a required 60-vote threshold for passage.
Got to wonder how much Susan was paid for her opinion.

Last edited by GPM; 08-05-2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:56 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
Three Democrats and two Republicans crossed sides in the 52-48 vote, preventing the bill from reaching a required 60-vote threshold for passage.
See what I mean?
Old 08-05-2011, 03:59 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Makes me sick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.