Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best Boat For Under 25-grand-ish. Lake Erie and In-land Lakes. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/259646-best-boat-under-25-grand-ish-lake-erie-land-lakes.html)

BigBoater 08-12-2011 06:58 PM

Lol i run a 90 hp yamaha outboard lol ;) outboars are great I like em, but I think IOs are great because of the handling, however I do not like how they draft so much

DieselWeasel 08-12-2011 07:16 PM

Im the opposite. I despise outboards. Don't like how they look, don't like how they take up space and can't understand how they justify tens of thousands of dollars for a couple hundered hp. Hahaha

But of coarse that's just my opinion haha

Nightlife1970 08-12-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by onesickpantera (Post 3477389)
By telling someone to "lay off" because there are better deals out there? Boat prices are subjective and his boat looks damn clean to me. You come off sounding like a know-it-all 18 year old kid with posts like that.

Just saying.

I don't think he is even 18. And using repo sites to compare to owned boats is no comparison. I would much rather by a boat that I know someone really cared for, then a boat that was just let go to a repo yard.

DieselWeasel 08-12-2011 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970 (Post 3477467)
I don't think he is even 18. And using repo sites to compare to owned boats is no comparison. I would much rather by a boat that I know someone really cared for, then a boat that was just let go to a repo yard.

I wasn't comparing anything... I was just pointing things out that i found that i thought was cool!

fastestbowtie 08-12-2011 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nightlife1970 (Post 3477467)

This sounds just like the tax appraiser trying to say you can't use the prices foreclosed houses sale for when determining your homes taxable value... I have seen many owned boats that are abused and mistreated.

1987pachanga22 08-12-2011 11:04 PM

BigBoater my pacahnga 22 was a great small water boat that had plenty of power and looks but sadly it has rotted beyond use. Sea Ray used a core made of balsa wood that rotted when the water soaked in threw the speed pickup screw holes. Some day I will have her running again but in the mean time my mach 1 gets me back in the game. The older mach 1 boats used marine grade wood for the floors with a layer of glass over the top to protect from rot but like any older boat they all need looked over and maintained. My 29' single 502 engine runs just barley over 60 mph and my dads 27 single 454 runs about 50-55. The new machs are have a full guarantee against rot. I love all boats but like most can't afford some of the larger names so I just bought what made the most since to me.