Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FFWCC is using Planes to BUZZ POWER BOATERS in FL!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/25983-ffwcc-using-planes-buzz-power-boaters-fl.html)

CigDaze 06-06-2002 10:55 AM

I wonder where this money is coming from and why is it not going to local law enforcement? :confused: :rolleyes:

euby 06-06-2002 11:51 AM

good thing buffet wasn't flying the plane....or was he:D

Dean Ferry 06-06-2002 11:52 AM

WTF,
That's the 1st I've heard of this "Reward" Program! Just to make sure I understand this, the CONCENRED Fl. Citizen makes a call, the FFWC officer makes an arrest from the call, and the CONCERNED Fl. Citiizen gets $$? I wonder how many calls come from SMC Members or their little Video camera SPY teams?
Thanks,
MD

ForrestC 06-06-2002 11:58 AM

That incedent need to be brought to the attention of the FFWCC's Office of the Inspector General. The IG's Office does investigations in all incedents such as like this.

That letter should be directed to:

James T. Knight III, Inspector General
620 South Meridian Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1600
Phone: (850) 488-6068
Fax: (850) 410-5265
E-mail: [email protected]

Iggy 06-06-2002 12:04 PM

Yeah Dean, there's lots of room for abuse there by "concerned citizens".

Euby, Buffet was at the controls when the mishap occured.

supercrash 06-06-2002 12:33 PM

Now that is some crazy stuff...why don't those pricks use helicopters to patrol those zones if anything at all....?....instead they have the Red Baron doing flybys..:rolleyes: ...And just cause they can draw their weapons doesn't mean they have to on every call...sounds like a dangerous power trip..:( ...Actions like these are hurting everybody fighting the Manatee battle...I will send my E-mail to the Inspector General...(like they read em)..I'm sure they are getting a flood of em....But there is a leason here...Don't speed in the zones..It just gives them a chance to find something wrong with your boat....or worse...something in your boat...Somebody get some video of this behavior and it will blow up for sure....good luck

Audiofn 06-06-2002 01:25 PM

Got to love it!!!! Team tax dollars at work!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CigDaze 06-06-2002 01:28 PM

Originally posted by Dean Ferry
WTF,
That's the 1st I've heard of this "Reward" Program! Just to make sure I understand this, the CONCENRED Fl. Citizen makes a call, the FFWC officer makes an arrest from the call, and the CONCERNED Fl. Citiizen gets $$? I wonder how many calls come from SMC Members or their little Video camera SPY teams?
Thanks,
MD

Dean, that's exactly what I was eluding to in my previous post...Sounds like a mutually beneficial co-existance between special interest groups(smc, enviros) and the FFWC.....Hmmmmm

Crash,
I'm tellin' ya man...the FWCC is the last thing you want to see on the water...They are far more agressive, rude and ego-driven that anyone other body of law enforcement.

Now, don't get me wrong here, I fully appreciate what the local sherriff's department and the Coast guard does and I appreciate their presence on the water. I don't mind being pulled over by them...I show them what they want, I pass with flying colors and I get a nice little sticker. I know most of those guys by name and they're great....

But the FWCC scares the **** out of most people....I heard some nasty stories, very abusive. :mad:

Dean Ferry 06-06-2002 01:39 PM

BD,
It was/is the same approach the SMC, other ECO-radicals took when they sue the FFWCC for MORE Mantaee protection! It is a mutual agreement, "If SMC sues me and I, (FFWCC) settle the lawsuit out of court and behind closed doors, we can write the settlement to require more funding, more officers, more boats, (IE the FFWCC just got alot BIGGER) for the FFWCC, then it's a win/win settlement for both parites involved. And whenever gov't gets BIGGER, it's a good thing for that agency!!
It's called a "Wink" lawsuit!
MD

LubeJobs42 06-06-2002 01:46 PM

That's what you get when you give a gun and a badge to someone who isn't even smart enough to pass the Police Officers exam.