Anybody think this was awesome >

Anybody think this was awesome

Notices

Anybody think this was awesome

Old 08-10-2011, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bobonthis
I guess everybody drives the speed limit on this board as well. Anything could go wrong any given day. Are you pushing your luck with this..probably. Lets not bad mouth stuff that does not need bad mouthed. If something bad happen you are more then welcome to call somebody an idiot and say I told you. Everybody here really acts like they have never done anything wrong or sketchy. Live life..have fun!
You make very valid claim here BUT. Does everybody drive 5mph over the speed limit, I would say a lot of people do and is it unsafe probably not in all conditions but some. Now is driving 10-15mph over the speed limit not safe probably, do a lot of people do it not really and not for extended amounts of time. Jumping a boat over the wake within 20ft of a boat VERY UNSAFE, now if it was 100ft away then yeah I would equate that to driving 5mph over the limit in car.

The differnce is everybody makes mistakes and does dumb stuff but a lot of it, is spur of the moment bad decision. But this incident was deliberatly set up and filmed so some guy could post on youtube and think he was a bad ace in his CIG. Doing dumb things is bad dont matter what, but its really moronic to sit there and think about and set up a dumb ace thing to do. But I guess people dont get their fill by watching jackass and have to do it themselves.

Also there is a difference between accidents and doing dumb chit. If this boat would have crashed it wouldnt be an accident it would have been very poor judgement of idiotic driver and chances he would have been put in jail or sued for property damage and wrongful death.

Last edited by soldier4402; 08-10-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5mph over is still not legal. What if you were doing 40 in a 35 and a kid crossed on his bike and you hit him and killed him. If you were doing 35 like posted you would of had enough time to stop. Everybody would of said you were speeding and didnt give the kid a chance. Anyways my whole point is..NOTHING HAPPENED! I said it was risky..but I dont care who you are, we have all done some risky stuff from time to time. I am sure he is not out there doing this everyday. Remember everytime you point a finger you got 3 pointing back at you.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bobonthis
5mph over is still not legal. What if you were doing 40 in a 35 and a kid crossed on his bike and you hit him and killed him. If you were doing 35 like posted you would of had enough time to stop. Everybody would of said you were speeding and didnt give the kid a chance. Anyways my whole point is..NOTHING HAPPENED! I said it was risky..but I dont care who you are, we have all done some risky stuff from time to time. I am sure he is not out there doing this everyday. Remember everytime you point a finger you got 3 pointing back at you.
Just because something didn't happen doesnt make it ok or somewhat ok. And I understand your analogies but it doesnt sway this from being stupid. Have a lot of us doen risky stuff maybe. But like I said anything Ive done risky was maybe spur of the moment vs me sitting back thinking about, telling a buddy my plan and having him turn on a video camera. It really takes a special person to plan to do something dumb.

And right now there is about 2 guys including your self saying this was not that bad.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I once sent a text message while driving. Truly lucky everyone survived. Thank You, baby Jesus..
Old 08-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
I once sent a text message while driving. Truly lucky everyone survived. Thank You, baby Jesus..

LMAO!!!!

Buck
Old 08-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by waterboy222
That was a good one
Old 08-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like my popcorn lightly salted and buttered. Goes good with Guiness, keep the posts coming
Old 08-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To credit the driver for those that don't know him; I know him well, & would absolutely let him drive anything of mine without worry. We grew up together on the lake & he has been skillfully driving high performance boats for a long time.

I'm not trying to argue that there aren't plenty of things that COULD have happened there, but that argument can be carried into almost any situation involving a boat doing something other than sitting at the dock.

Nothing happened most importantly, & they got a great shot of a nice boat hitting a decent wave.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

seems awful suspicious that soldier4402 acts alot like that douche fountain4402 that got banned... guess its tough being everyone's personal savior and knowing everything isn't it?...you were banned once, gonna try for a second time?

he sounds like some other perfect person that used to hang around here...tell me do you have military i beams crossed in your yard too and own lots of boats? do you know mikeyfin too?

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 08-10-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where does Jim Darr weigh in on all this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.