looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull

Notices

looking for the fastest 30-33 foot twin-engine vee-hull

Old 08-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Yet you did not know what the acronym BBC stands for?

Something smells a little like a fish to me.

Just sayin'
No fish. I was using my iPhone while on a trip to Block Island and I wasn't decoding acronyms on the go. I'm fairly new around here and I haven't yet dispensed with my tendency to write in complete sentences without abbreviations.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
how much is the open top pleasure version??...whats the cabin like??
You will have to phone/email and ask.

They are guys you build and race their own boats. They won the UK championship a few years ago, and set a UK speed record in the boat they designed.

They also fixed my V24 when it kept breaking, and it never broke again after their fix, which is the main reason why I plug them.

They also did the redesign on my BladeRunner multihull - I changed the tunnel and added a step to the boat. This has stood up to some quite rough testing, so I am very confident in their build quality.

I dont think they 'fit out' the cabin - they would sub contract that - or even ship it bare hull so you could fit it out in the US. You guys are generally better at that anyway, and have a different 'taste'. What you should go for is the design and structure of this boat, and fill in the blan
ks in the USA.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by verytricky
You will have to phone/email and ask.

They are guys you build and race their own boats. They won the UK championship a few years ago, and set a UK speed record in the boat they designed.

They also fixed my V24 when it kept breaking, and it never broke again after their fix, which is the main reason why I plug them.

They also did the redesign on my BladeRunner multihull - I changed the tunnel and added a step to the boat. This has stood up to some quite rough testing, so I am very confident in their build quality.

I dont think they 'fit out' the cabin - they would sub contract that - or even ship it bare hull so you could fit it out in the US. You guys are generally better at that anyway, and have a different 'taste'. What you should go for is the design and structure of this boat, and fill in the blan
ks in the USA.
The reason I asked that is because the number one item on the original posters list of requirements was it had to be a pleasure boat......#1
Old 08-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
With a full length cabin and a side by side twin 525 EFI set up this 41' will run right at 85-86 MPH on GPS. It is a BIG 41' without the platform. Out in the ocean is where it really shows its true potential. We do offer it with a staggered engine set up ( unlimited HP ) and # 6 drives.

Pepe and JO ,The Boat looks great!
Old 08-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 348SStb
No fish. I was using my iPhone while on a trip to Block Island and I wasn't decoding acronyms on the go. I'm fairly new around here and I haven't yet dispensed with my tendency to write in complete sentences without abbreviations.
BBC, SBC, BBF, SBF, etc

Any speed enthusiast in the past 50 years should know what those are acronyms for.

The other suspicious statement of yours is that "you don't understand why a 120 mph boat should cost 300k."
Old 08-19-2011, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who is here from Banana Shark? Got questions. Shoot me a pm.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:23 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
The reason I asked that is because the number one item on the original posters list of requirements was it had to be a pleasure boat......#1
The boat was designed from the beginning as a race boat - it originally started life as a project for a customer which was for a 30' single V8 full canopy two seater and after testing the hull we changed it for our requirements and we are very happy with the results.

Any boat can be made for leisure use and we would always recommend an open version rather than the 3/4 canopy for ease of use. The cabin is small (7'4" beam) but quite usable and can be fitted out to any specification - each boat is made to order.

A.O Razor you have a PM!

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 PM

My next boat will have staggered engines for ease of repair. Having to remove exhaust parts just to replace a spark plug is not my idea of fun. A 5 minute job on a staggered takes 3 hours on mine
Old 08-27-2011, 06:22 AM
Registered

I'll second that! Oh and starters have been know to go as well. Thats a pull in a side by side. 30 min on a staggered boat. Not really sure I believe the performance claims either. I would have never thought that in a big heavy AT lowering the COG and bringing the props closer together to increase efficiency wouldn't make a difference.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered

You could buy my Scarab 33 AVS, it is so smooth you could play marbles on the floor at 70mph. A few more dollars in HP and you could do 100mph... The marbles might blow away at that point but the chicks would still be there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.