Statement 37’ Center Console to Tackle Boating’s Bermuda Challenge

Notices

Statement 37’ Center Console to Tackle Boating’s Bermuda Challenge

Old 08-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts
Default Statement 37’ Center Console to Tackle Boating’s Bermuda Challenge

Apologies in advance for the lack of photos, http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...challenge.html.

I am supposed to receive some soon.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

I added a photo of the boat to the article. It looks really cool dressed in its sponsorship package graphic. (Check out the Statue of Liberty near the bow.)

Also, Chris Fertig left me a message. It looks like they're a "go" sometime next week.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Very cool. Best of luck. How do you plan on getting back?
Old 08-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The had a thread about this here a while back do they have any idea what the numbers are on the boat at cruise? are they carrying extra fuel or just what the boats tanks will hold? Nice looking boat by the way!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

To break the record, the owner has to average around 35 knots—at least that is his plan. I will check with him regarding fuel capacity. It's a good question.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Registered

If he hasn't changed the tank sizes from what Spectre had originally its a 257 gal main and 57 forward. I am curious to see how the boat performs with the Cummins vs the Yanmars my boat has. 35 knots should be a very efficient speed for that setup maybe around 15gph total.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pstorti - Thanks for the compliments on the boat wrap!

As soon as we get the weather we need, we are going to head out from NYC and take a shot at the record which could be a few days or a few weeks.

While we wait for the weather, we are still tweaking our setup trying to get every last bit of fuel efficiency out of the boat at 35 kts. I will have the final figures shortly and will be sure to pass them along.

Thanks for your support!

Chris Fertig
TDI Clean Diesel
Old 08-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Registered

Chris what props are you running? I have tried several and still haven't found the perfect set up. Trying to establish a baseline with Bravo 1s and then find a 5 blade that will work based on that. I have tried a 24P maximus, 24P maximus with 1/8" diameter removed, 25P Hydromotive P5x, and 26p Bravo 1. The maximus give me the best slip numbers but i think they are hard on the motors, the bravo 1 slips more but at equal speeds to the maximus the boost numbers are lower even at higher rpm.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cwfdive
Pstorti - Thanks for the compliments on the boat wrap!

As soon as we get the weather we need, we are going to head out from NYC and take a shot at the record which could be a few days or a few weeks.

While we wait for the weather, we are still tweaking our setup trying to get every last bit of fuel efficiency out of the boat at 35 kts. I will have the final figures shortly and will be sure to pass them along.

Thanks for your support!

Chris Fertig
TDI Clean Diesel
Chris, nice to meet you at MACC. Enjoy the ride!
Brad (from BandLavis)
Old 08-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pstorti
Chris what props are you running? I have tried several and still haven't found the perfect set up. Trying to establish a baseline with Bravo 1s and then find a 5 blade that will work based on that. I have tried a 24P maximus, 24P maximus with 1/8" diameter removed, 25P Hydromotive P5x, and 26p Bravo 1. The maximus give me the best slip numbers but i think they are hard on the motors, the bravo 1 slips more but at equal speeds to the maximus the boost numbers are lower even at higher rpm.
With 26 Maximus props, we are seeing 11.2% slip which is much better than the Bravos, Rev 4s and Mirages we tried but they are hard on the drives which is a concern for us as we need to keep them together during the 780 mile run.

We have also experimented with Bravo 3 drives which are giving us slightly better fuel economy and 13.0% slip at 35 kts with only slightly slower top end speed.

What fuel economy are you seeing with your Spectre?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.