Notices

28 Apache Values

Old 10-15-2010, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 28 Apache Values

Got a neighbour who sees different go fast boats in front of the house, so he thinks I might know the answer to his question.
He has a relative that wants to rid himself of a 1988 Apache .
Its 28 ft, long. Comes with a trailer.
The neighbour says he wants to buy it from the guy.

Description is great shape , almost new rebuilds ( 4 hrs ).
Thing has been sitting in his driveway because he isnt much of a boater,

He wants 32k for it.

Is this the right ballpark price.?? Does one pay more money because its an Apache when its only 28 ft. long ?

I dont follow values on 22 year old boats.

Whatever you guys say, I'll pass on to him.

Thanks
Old 10-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NADA is not too fond of them, I can check BUC book this weekend if you need me to.
Attached Thumbnails 28 Apache Values-apache.jpg  
Old 10-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Got a neighbour who sees different go fast boats in front of the house, so he thinks I might know the answer to his question.
He has a relative that wants to rid himself of a 1988 Apache .
Its 28 ft, long. Comes with a trailer.
The neighbour says he wants to buy it from the guy.

Description is great shape , almost new rebuilds ( 4 hrs ).
Thing has been sitting in his driveway because he isnt much of a boater,

He wants 32k for it.

Is this the right ballpark price.?? Does one pay more money because its an Apache when its only 28 ft. long ?

I dont follow values on 22 year old boats.

Whatever you guys say, I'll pass on to him.

Thanks
You definitely pay for the name, even if it is a smaller boat. Those smaller Cigs that sell for low 20's would be $9k boats if made by any other brand.

There is pretty much a direct comparison in the classified section of this site. It's a 1991 28' with low run-time on rebuilds for $38K. I think its been there a while, so it might be a little high. I've heard of another 28' Apache in the upper $20's, so he's probably pretty close @ his asking price, if not right on.

Do you know what power/drives the boat has? And, as always, even if it's been "restored" and rebuilt I would recommend he get a survey paid for by the buyer before finalizing everything.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ted G
NADA is not too fond of them, I can check BUC book this weekend if you need me to.
NADA is ridiculous. KBB isn't much better. I don't know what they look at or how they come to their valuations, but boats seem to sell for 20-30%+ higher than what they claim they're worth.

It's tough to get NADA to say that anything over a 1993 or so is worth more than $20k.

I'll tell you right now that a 28' Apache is worth more than $10k... Know how I know? I cause I would pay more than that all day every day, and I have cash...

Old 10-15-2010, 03:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I agree, I would never sell my boat for what NADA said, well unless it was in a divorce

Now I am curious so I'll have to check out BUC book on it tomorrow when my eveil twin is selling boats at the show
Old 10-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
You definitely pay for the name, even if it is a smaller boat. Those smaller Cigs that sell for low 20's would be $9k boats if made by any other brand.

There is pretty much a direct comparison in the classified section of this site. It's a 1991 28' with low run-time on rebuilds for $38K. I think its been there a while, so it might be a little high. I've heard of another 28' Apache in the upper $20's, so he's probably pretty close @ his asking price, if not right on.

Do you know what power/drives the boat has? And, as always, even if it's been "restored" and rebuilt I would recommend he get a survey paid for by the buyer before finalizing everything.
I'm going to pass on your comments to him. I think you are right at high 20s to low 30s. Who knows how much work its had done.
They are relatives so they'll skip the survey procedure and my neighbour will get it in the azz.

I dont want to get too involved in the buy it/ dont buy it.

I knew a guy that took someone elses recommendation , bought a turd and spent too much money on it and blew his brains out. Looked good on him though. He was a pricck.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see if you can get him to get some pics.
not alot of them out there and I would bet someone on here knows the boat.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:39 PM
Registered

Call Chris he should know.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.boattrader.com/search-res...rt-Length:DESC
Old 10-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
Kind of confirms the rest... That one for $24,900 must have gotten a bath/fixed, or some new parts added to it. I think I saw pics of it a few weeks ago where it looked a lot rougher. That hull for $14,500 is a good looking boat, but IMO that's high for a boat that needs that much work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.