Wanted!! Cougar Cub Or Mini Cat Boat

Notices

Wanted!! Cougar Cub Or Mini Cat Boat

Old 04-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
It may have been me saying the scat cat was not so good! Actually it was a total POS. Maybe it was because I was 14 and didn't know boat set-up but we tried a few things. Stock prop cavitated real bad so we had a custom chopper made for the 35 Merc. Cavitation was gone but planing was worse. I had to lay out on the deck and have the steering wheel between my knees...talk about dangerous. Once on plane, it rode very "wet" and plowed thrugh waves instead of over them. I stuffed it well over 100 times. Lost a few pair of sunglasses on that boat!

The boat ol40svx posted is the cougar cub at Ocean Performance in CT I believe.
The boat that OL40svx posted a picture of is definitely not a Cougar Cub.
It is a Fun Cat or a pop of one. A few guys did a pop version of the Fun Cat. I had 3 of them for a number of years and raced mine in the jersey outlaw group for a few years. Cougar Cubs were horrible, very wet, would do nothing but bow steer and rode like a flat bottom and not at all like a cat. Fun Cats were the best of the breed at 13 ft. The only mini boats that stood a chance were the Bullets, that statement will get Sharky here soon. The fun cats were little cats that would out run real full size boats with ease.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tizbad4
Here are a few pics of my customers cougar cub for sale. You can call or pm with any questions 734-241- marine (6274) Greg
Greg, never heard back from your customer in regards to the Cougar Cub purchase. He musnt wanna sell it too bad
Old 05-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Registered

I spoke with him about this boat he is very busy. Give me a call at the shop tomorrow He gave me all the info he had on it so I can handle this deal with you. Greg
Old 05-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikefili
The boat that OL40svx posted a picture of is definitely not a Cougar Cub.
It is a Fun Cat or a pop of one. A few guys did a pop version of the Fun Cat. I had 3 of them for a number of years and raced mine in the jersey outlaw group for a few years. Cougar Cubs were horrible, very wet, would do nothing but bow steer and rode like a flat bottom and not at all like a cat. Fun Cats were the best of the breed at 13 ft. The only mini boats that stood a chance were the Bullets, that statement will get Sharky here soon. The fun cats were little cats that would out run real full size boats with ease.
Upon closer inspection, you are right...it is not a Cougar Cub.

All these mini threads popping up make me want to get ours running again!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

There is a small cat listed on criegs list in Cincinnati today 5-2-12 its listed as a picklefork.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVqCp...2&feature=plcp
Old 05-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tman
There is a small cat listed on criegs list in Cincinnati today 5-2-12 its listed as a picklefork.
just bought this one off CL and the shipping company picking it up on saturday ,thanks tman
Old 05-02-2012, 03:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by catinaround
just bought this one off CL and the shipping company picking it up on saturday ,thanks tman
Cool what brand is it ? Post up better pics.when you get it home. tman
Old 05-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered

Default Bartel 13 cat

Roy Bartel out on Long Island N.Y Was building Bartel V- Bottoms waaay back when. I had a 13' Bartel Cat center steering with a Yamaha pro 50 with power trim. It was a rocket ship. In Greenwich Ct. out of Indian Harbor there were a bunch of guys that would put together a "mini race" Cougar cubs,
Mini hawks, Bartel cats........ and then end back up at the Showboat Bar/Rest. [where the APBA /Gateway powerboat regatta races were run for years]
Old 05-03-2012, 12:58 PM
Registered

If anyone ever runs across a yellow Cougar Cub with Merc racing (Red, Orange, Yellow) paint job on the deck and a 35ss Merc let me know. My dad bought this for me when I was 10, burned quite a few gallons of fuel through that boat between 10 - 12 years old.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.