Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Weather report is looking VERY GOOD for "Smoke On the Water"... >

Weather report is looking VERY GOOD for "Smoke On the Water"...

Notices

Weather report is looking VERY GOOD for "Smoke On the Water"...

Old 06-06-2002, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Weather report is looking VERY GOOD for "Smoke On the Water"...

I heard on the news today that---- (Michigan) Friday: Sunny and 77*, Saturday: Sunny and 80*, and Sunday Sunny and 85*-----with this kind of weather I do believe it's going to be a very busy weekend on the water for those who love boating---especially those who are participating in the "Smoke on The Water" poker run and should tip the scales for those who were "err"-ing whether to go boating or not. I wished MY hog was running.
Old 06-06-2002, 08:24 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kaama-
We will have out 28'AT in Muskegon- launch Saturday morning. You are more than welcome to join us!
Jim
Old 06-06-2002, 09:08 AM
Registered

Yes it will!!! Waves calm to two feet. Sunny and warm (what a change, the high was 42 yesterday) There will be tons of boaters all pent up from the extended winter INTO JUNE!!! There will be plenty of rides so just show up and stand on the shore waving like a madman. Look for a big (20ft) Zodiac and Robs Formula (27) I have room and so does Rob so just get there, bring something to grill and you are in. This means everyone.
Old 06-06-2002, 09:43 AM
BTJ88

DonziMitch,

Where will you guys be at (and everyone else for that matter)? I am planning on heading to GH in the moring to see them leave (8:30 - 9:00). I will probably be on the board walk along the channel or somewhere around there.

It's gonna be a great weekend!

Old 06-06-2002, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BT,

there is another post with regard to who's observing/meeting where.

(Donzimitch) and I are watching their arrival into and depart from holland ( 10:00 start in GH so.......about 10:12am!!!in Holland) , then cruising up to Grand Haven for lunch and spending the afternoon there.

Make an OSO flag or something. maybe we need an official OSO signal like hangloose or the finger or something

I have a black/yellow/white Formula 272, Mitch has a center console Zodia, but he may be with me, also Chuck (26scarab) will be with us with his loud, dry exhaust, lumpy idle cool 97 26' scarab
we plan to tie off the boardwalk and have lunch around noon, then whatever???

flag us down

Rob
Rambunctious
Old 06-06-2002, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Friday late afternoon is really the only time I will be able to check out the boats and hopefully see them running around a little from the South Pier and also walk along the boardwalk, check out the hardware and see some of the boaters I know. I've got to work on Saturday and have my neices graduation party to go to down in St.Joseph so I won't be able to make it then. It sounds like it will be a great weekend----I'm sure you guys will have a blast!
Old 06-06-2002, 10:18 AM
BTJ88

I'll keep on eye out for you guys. I'll have on a red OSO hat and white skinny legs.

Old 06-06-2002, 02:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

For those of us not part of the poker run will there be slips available in GH for Fri and Sat night or will we have to go some where else. Any help would be appreciated.

Todd
Old 06-06-2002, 02:29 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Todd good luck finding a slip in G.H I'd try Keenan in Spring Lake or run up to Muskegon and stay at HarbourTown or GreatLakes,its less than 10 miles up there...my .02
Old 06-06-2002, 04:51 PM
Registered

Rambunctious, DonziMitch,
I'm actually being a boat whore this weekend , I'm dragging my friends 31 Scarab out . I will have my stinkie/noisy truck though !

Any OSO'rs keep a look out for us it has purple/red and yellow graphics and say's "thunder" in huge letters up the side.

Anybody remember the name of Wally's boat ? I need to find him and return his video.

Quick Reply: Weather report is looking VERY GOOD for "Smoke On the Water"...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.