Notices

Emerald coast accident

Old 08-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
I never said it was the cruiser's fault, and I apologize if our accident has an effect on your insurance. I thank you for encouraging everyone to take driving courses and to be safe. I hope you never have to experience what we did. I was driving the boat and I was responsible. Period. I appreciate your perspective on the accident. What was the cause? Too much trim? Hitting the wake at the wrong angle? Too much speed? Too little seat time in the boat? Did you come render aid? I don't remember a Daytona being there after the accident, but I was pretty dazed. We went to dinner tonight and I ran into the lady that jumped into the water while I was helping Katie, and I didn't remember her either.
X, did you all have life jackets on? If not, wow, you were very fortunate.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Its never good to see somebody get into an accident. And I have always thought that you should never find humor in somebodys misfortune whether they were idiots or not.

Im glad nobody got hurt and hope the boat can be fixed.

But with that said werent we just discussing the Cigarette jumping a wake close to another boat and how some thought it might be a good idea to do something like that. Well just saying.

Last edited by soldier4402; 08-15-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by xceler8
I agree, it's not the cruisers fault at all. He was just cruising along and the white spectra come speeding along reckless and couldnt maintain control of his boat. Fess up to your mistake and go take a Tres Martin class! It's people like you that make us cat owners pay dearly for insurance!
This is one thing that always bothers me when something unfortunate like this happens ....while all stated here might be true ....The Generic responce is "Go take Tres Martins Class" ....And I might ...I'm sure its worth the 2-3 grand ...but...It's like it is some big secret and the only way your going to find out is pay out ....that bothers me ....there should be a thread ...or a website ....on all the do's and donts ..... I have asked before and usually get no responce...
Thank God this was not any worse ....I'm just sayin there sure be a source for this type of info .....m
Old 08-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

The over-taking vessel has the obligation to do so safely.

On the other hand, there is a reason the ICW is full of signs stating that boats are responsible for their wakes.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
I never said it was the cruiser's fault, and I apologize if our accident has an effect on your insurance. I thank you for encouraging everyone to take driving courses and to be safe. I hope you never have to experience what we did. I was driving the boat and I was responsible. Period. I appreciate your perspective on the accident. What was the cause? Too much trim? Hitting the wake at the wrong angle? Too much speed? Too little seat time in the boat? Did you come render aid? I don't remember a Daytona being there after the accident, but I was pretty dazed. We went to dinner tonight and I ran into the lady that jumped into the water while I was helping Katie, and I didn't remember her either.
Glad to hear a good out come of a bad situation.
This was an accident, and we have all had some type of accident in our lives and it is usually because someone made a mistake. We are after all humans.
I have never meet you and know nothing about you. But you have my respect for owning up and taking responsiblity for your actions. There is way to little of that these days and it is refreshing to see.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
This was an accident, and we have all had some type of accident in our lives and it is usually because someone made a mistake. We are after all humans.
I have never meet you and know nothing about you. But you have my respect for owning up and taking responsiblity for your actions. There is way to little of that these days and it is refreshing to see.
Well Said MC!
Old 08-15-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by offthefront
This is one thing that always bothers me when something unfortunate like this happens ....while all stated here might be true ....The Generic responce is "Go take Tres Martins Class" ....And I might ...I'm sure its worth the 2-3 grand ...but...It's like it is some big secret and the only way your going to find out is pay out ....that bothers me ....there should be a thread ...or a website ....on all the do's and donts ..... I have asked before and usually get no responce...
Thank God this was not any worse ....I'm just sayin there sure be a source for this type of info .....m
+1....
Old 08-15-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

we happend to be there as well....you could not see the size of the wake until you were right by it....

glad everyone is ok...
Old 08-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 44MTI
Verty well put Michael
Old 08-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mac
Verty well put Michael
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.