Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TCBoss302
What size boat?

30 +
Old 08-15-2011, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by On Time
I know those Lifeline vests are excellent but aren't they bulky?
Yes, and if the straps are too tight then they leave a mark on your tan, or fat.....or both!
Old 08-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

I’d like to piggyback on the great points Michael/44MTI posted. It really is refreshing and a rarity that we as a group get to actually “talk to” (via post) the person that was directly involved in a crash at all, let alone a day after the incident. Xrated’s attitude and candidness regarding the subject is worthy of respect alone, let alone how he has handled the (expected) criticism.

Mistake, bad judgment, freak accident? Who knows really. Only thing I know is sh!t happens and it usually happens very quick. There’s always varying opinions and takes on any given issue or episode, conversation on this type of topic is healthy - If it helps keep others safe and encourages others to learn from someone’s incident it may help aid in the avoidance of a fatality or additional accident.

Like others have said, glad everyone is ok and it sounds like the boat will be repairable.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I know those Lifeline vests are excellent but aren't they bulky? You think we could wear them with our weather the way its been?
For what its worth we boat in S. FL. I have worn mine (lifeline) on many trips to to and from Miami when running hard in the heat of the summer. They are a little bulky but i do not find them that bad versus the trade off of wearing something that has no impact protection or if you have to count on whether or not it will inflate. There was another post regarding this where they talked about the speed ratings and the coast guard going to change it. Some of the less expensive ones claim 100mph but I believe the CC said that was the rating of the buckle not the actual material and jacket. Like they said things happen at 60mph too.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

It always kills me when people say bad things can happen at 55-60 too. Have we become so numb to speed that people expect nothing to happen at 60, or 40 for that matter? It's like someone wrecks at 50 mph and it's funny or something because they're not breaking the sound barrier in a Skater or similar.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
It always kills me when people say bad things can happen at 55-60 too. Have we become so numb to speed that people expect nothing to happen at 60, or 40 for that matter? It's like someone wrecks at 50 mph and it's funny or something because they're not breaking the sound barrier in a Skater or similar.
The only reason i posted speed was to show the damage it did to me when i hit the dash on other side of the boat and my arm even broke some of the impact to my midsection and side. If i was wearing a jacket things may have been better.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know those Lifeline vests are excellent but aren't they bulky? You think we could wear them with our weather the way its been?
Hell no, I can barely wear my skin as hot as it as been.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by fasthawk6
The only reason i posted speed was to show the damage it did to me when i hit the dash on other side of the boat and my arm even broke some of the impact to my midsection and side. If i was wearing a jacket things may have been better.
I wasn't referring to you, you're living proof that injury happens at "lower speeds".
Old 08-15-2011, 07:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been ejected too and it doesnt feel good and still doesnt to this day i have issues from it. But i am lucky i am still here. The guy that was driving isnt here any longer
Old 08-15-2011, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad everyone is okay, as for the accident,let he who has never ever had one in any vehicle cast the first stone.. Stuff will happen, they kept a cool head and everyone was ok, cant do better than that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.