Notices

Emerald coast accident

Old 08-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad everyone is ok. I had an accident and broke my nose and ribs. Scary thing is how fast it happened, and was over. I also caught a cruiser wake. It was my fault, didn't see it coming, and was trimmed out to far. You live and learn. I have a lot more respect for the water now.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was there with a group of people on the beach in destin where the accident took place,im glad there were no injureys.But i must say some people shouldnt be behind the wheel of a fast boat, and the person driving that boat could have done more damage or harm to somebody. That accident was caused by reckless driving.There was no reason for that to happen all he had to was pull back on the throttles. You see big boat you see big waves.He was driving the boat like a jet ski!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Registered

I was in this event and traveling at high speeds as well and I must say even a few wakes snuck up on me. It happens. I think we should all just realize this is a best situation of a worst situation and be glad.

Just my.02 please dont ridicule me
Old 08-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Registered

I would never wish this on anyone and I am very thankful that you both came out without any major injuries. You did cut me off at the marker 3 miles west of the accident. I don't think you saw the angle you took to the pole and what that meant to me, but I had to chop throttles very fast. Again, I don't think you did it on purpose. I wish you a fast recovery. Best wishes..

Last edited by Mykalvballer; 08-15-2011 at 09:38 PM. Reason: deleted
Old 08-15-2011, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mykalvballer
I would never wish this on anyone and I am very thankful that you both came out without any major injuries. You did cut me off at the marker 3 miles west of the accident. I don't think you saw the angle you took to the pole and what that meant to me, but I had to chop throttles very fast. Again, I don't think you did it on purpose. I wish you a fast recovery. Best wishes..
I can assure you it wasn't intentional. We were trying to follow the channel markers because it does get shallow in places, and if you aren't from there, you don't know which ones it is ok to go outside of. I hate when people pinch me in a curve so, my apologies. Thanks for your well wishes.

And when we get back home and settled, I'll describe more of what happened in the accident. I drove as far as I could and turned it over to my buddy a few minutes ago. There is not a single direction I can move any body part without feeling some pain or soreness. Lol
Old 08-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,749 Likes on 1,235 Posts

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
I never said it was the cruiser's fault, and I apologize if our accident has an effect on your insurance. I thank you for encouraging everyone to take driving courses and to be safe. I hope you never have to experience what we did. I was driving the boat and I was responsible. Period. I appreciate your perspective on the accident. What was the cause? Too much trim? Hitting the wake at the wrong angle? Too much speed? Too little seat time in the boat? Did you come render aid? I don't remember a Daytona being there after the accident, but I was pretty dazed. We went to dinner tonight and I ran into the lady that jumped into the water while I was helping Katie, and I didn't remember her either.
Nowhere in this thread did you say the accident was the cruiser's fault. Chances are, he has no clue how the accident happened. However, if he saw it and did not stop to help ... shame on him. Regardless of how you may or may not have operating your boat. That's more than a captain's obligation. It's a human obligation to help when people need it.

I don't blame you for being curious. I would be, too.

Sounds like you and your passengers survived one nasty and potentially lethal wreck. I'm generally not a "higher power" kind of guy, but something was watching over you.

So glad to hear you are all OK.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 08-15-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After something so scary , I'm glad your all ok .How much damage did the boat have??
Old 08-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by metryman505
i was there with a group of people on the beach in destin where the accident took place,im glad there were no injureys.But i must say some people shouldnt be behind the wheel of a fast boat, and the person driving that boat could have done more damage or harm to somebody. That accident was caused by reckless driving.There was no reason for that to happen all he had to was pull back on the throttles. You see big boat you see big waves.He was driving the boat like a jet ski!
Please see post 61.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know anyone that has ever operated anything fast that has not had a oh sh!t experience that did not result in a crash. Sometimes we are lucky and get away with going too fast, sometimes we are not that lucky and ruin equipment and hurt people. I am sure that the driver learned from his mistake and that no one feels worse about it than he does. I am just glad that no one was seriously hurt and I certainly do not believe that this is the time to bash the driver.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Registered

Glad you are ok.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.