Notices

Emerald coast accident

Old 08-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
It rolled. We were ejected. We are fine. Sore but fine. I just want to say I have the best friends ever. I want to thank everyone that took care of Katie. She is ok and we are back at the house. There are too many people to thank, but I will get to that soon.

Does anyone even know if that cruiser that threw the wake stopped?
So glad to hear you and the wife are ok.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Sorry you had an accident! That sucks. Why would the cruiser stop? How far away were they? Big boats throw off big wakes....and you can hit them 1/4 mile away and behind them.....so how would they even know there was a problem? Just trying to understand, and glad everyone survivied.
He was close enough that he knew it. I was surprised they didn't stop to render aid, but there were plenty of people to help, so I have no problem with them. Just surprised.

PC - is there a way to post pics from an iPad?
Old 08-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

X,
Glad everyone is OK. Years ago when I lived in Navarre, I hit a BIG cruiser wake with my old Daytona 24, the boat flew, landed HARD, and thought I cracked my boat in half!!!
Dean
Old 08-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X

we got there when they were rescuing yall.....scary seen when we were pulling up and not knowing if everyone was ok.....glad everyone is good.....must be living right you are lucky!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only way I know so far is that you upload them to flicker or something like that.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Sorry you had an accident! That sucks. Why would the cruiser stop? How far away were they? Big boats throw off big wakes....and you can hit them 1/4 mile away and behind them.....so how would they even know there was a problem? Just trying to understand, and glad everyone survivied.
I agree, glad everyone is safe. Someone paint the picture here for those that were not there...was the 55 Sea Ray in front and you were approaching at which time you encountered his wake and rolled? or???

We at times have encountered large cruiser wake however it is not their fault when we are way behind them and all of a sudden we come from behind and there are huge wakes thrown from a cruiser or a barge that is minding his/her own business. We just pull back and deal with it.

Just wondering.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

He was close enough that he knew it. I was surprised they didn't stop to render aid, but there were plenty of people to help, so I have no problem with them. Just surprised.

Glad eveyone is ok...... If you can email the pics send them to me and I will post em .......m
Old 08-14-2011, 08:06 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank goodness you and your wife are OK... Follow the Dr's orders - I'm sure it will take time before your feeling 100%...
Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

I am glad your ok. I saw it all happen right in front of me. Sorta freaked me out cause i was ejected almost 3 years ago.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

glad you guys are ok. Those big cruiser waves can be a bit tricky at speed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.