Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "BEST" mid-cabin, rough lake, lake boat??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/260426-best-mid-cabin-rough-lake-lake-boat.html)

In2Deep 08-20-2011 07:34 PM

Are you the white/yellow heat I see over by briarcliff all the time?
Crossett -- yes probably is me. I usually run up to Braircliff, or just a bit further, when just cruising.

I2D

Beachbum28 08-20-2011 08:46 PM

I can not speak for other boats but my 28 Donzi ZXO, with a mid cabin-open bow has a small head in it. Also the Sunsation 288 MCOB has a spot for one.

fastestbowtie 08-20-2011 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by In2Deep (Post 3484303)
Crossett -- yes probably is me. I usually run up to Braircliff, or just a bit further, when just cruising.

I2D

Cool, our cabin is on the cove at Briarcliff. We have the last of three original fishing cabins that were built out there before Briarcliff, the marina, or any of that other stuff existed. Our family has owned the cabin since the 40's. My Checkmate hangs out up there but is usually on the trailer in the driveway.

CB-BLR 08-21-2011 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by DirtyJerz (Post 3483929)
This may be a silly quetion, but do u move ur outdrive depending on conditions? Or is this in response to different boats with the drives set up differently.

Both...I have set up several Heats...and I have a 1" shortie on my boat...and have several spacers...I space the lower depending on the water conditions...and what I am trying to do...ie...when I use my boat to pull the kids innertubing...I use a tall spacer( 1.5"), and a P5x...If I am trying for all out top end...on fairly calm water, I use a 1/2 inch spacer (3" below the keel), and a Merc Lab Bravo prop...for general boating...I use a 1" spacer most typically on my boat (3.5") below the keel with 1.35 gears, and a balanced 28 Bravo prop...no lab work done.

Hope this answers your questions

Chris

DirtyJerz 08-21-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by CB-BLR (Post 3484422)
Both...I have set up several Heats...and I have a 1" shortie on my boat...and have several spacers...I space the lower depending on the water conditions...and what I am trying to do...ie...when I use my boat to pull the kids innertubing...I use a tall spacer( 1.5"), and a P5x...If I am trying for all out top end...on fairly calm water, I use a 1/2 inch spacer (3" below the keel), and a Merc Lab Bravo prop...for general boating...I use a 1" spacer most typically on my boat (3.5") below the keel with 1.35 gears, and a balanced 28 Bravo prop...no lab work done.

Hope this answers your questions

Chris

Yes! Thank you for the insight.

vindicator101 08-24-2011 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by vindicator101 (Post 3483560)
How do the west coast built boats hold up out here on the cold and humid air of the east coast? Would it make a difference if it's an older boat that has spent it's life in a hot dry climate and then brought out east?

Anyone want to take a stab at answering this.......

Uncle Dave 08-24-2011 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by vindicator101 (Post 3487788)

I have never seen a problem, and have friends with West Coast boats in Chicago and in Quebec.

UD

Indy 08-24-2011 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by vindicator101 (Post 3487788)

Nordics have done well in the northeast. Quality on the west coast boats I've seen have never been an issue.

vindicator101 08-25-2011 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave (Post 3487839)
I have never seen a problem, and have friends with West Coast boats in Chicago and in Quebec.

UD

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3487944)
Nordics have done well in the northeast. Quality on the west coast boats I've seen have never been an issue.

Thanks for the input.....

Sunsation0032 08-26-2011 10:22 PM

Before i bought my 32 open bow sunsation i looked @ envision & advantage. What sold me on the sunny was great cust svc. One call to factory & joe invited me up for a personal factory tour & showed he builds them & answered any questions. Spent 2 hrs with me & i was looking @ used boats only. The 2nd item that sold me was only the sunny had snap out carpet in the cabin, i hate carpet in boats so mine is stored in a tote in the barn. As far as rough water, i give about half tabs & she powers thru smooth as silk. Even the wife loves the ride