Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
"BEST" mid-cabin, rough lake, lake boat??? >

"BEST" mid-cabin, rough lake, lake boat???

Notices

"BEST" mid-cabin, rough lake, lake boat???

Old 08-18-2011, 04:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another boat I have lusted over in pictures but never seen in person or read anything about on this forum (and I have been lurking quite a while) is the Cobra. The Cobra 290 Viper was the first one that grabbed my attention. One of the boat mags allegedly went out with them on their first test with one of the first Ilmor and it supposedly ran in the 90's if memory serves me correctly. the Following year it was offered in an open bow mid-cabin version. I have only ever seen 1 for sale used and it had a merc 525EFI but did not last long, but their other midcabins also look really attractive (260 and 270 Razors). Anyone know anything about them?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BIGSLOW
http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/12886

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/10388

Take a look at the Advantage MCOB boats. I have driven one of these a lot. They have plenty of room for 9 people and also tons of storage space. Handles rough water easily.
What size have you driven? I sort of prefer the traditional cockpit layout of the 27, but would most likely want more power.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

You can get a 28 Donzi ZXO in that price range. Some of them are single engine, many are twin SBC. Ride is great. Seating is fantastic. My family loves it and we are regularly in rough stuff.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
You can get a 28 Donzi ZXO in that price range. Some of them are single engine, many are twin SBC. Ride is great. Seating is fantastic. My family loves it and we are regularly in rough stuff.
Was not even aware they made those... I guess they don't anymore. I was only able to find one online for sale with twin 377 Scorpion. I bet that would be sweet ride but a little out of my range.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
Another boat I have lusted over in pictures but never seen in person or read anything about on this forum (and I have been lurking quite a while) is the Cobra. The Cobra 290 Viper was the first one that grabbed my attention. One of the boat mags allegedly went out with them on their first test with one of the first Ilmor and it supposedly ran in the 90's if memory serves me correctly. the Following year it was offered in an open bow mid-cabin version. I have only ever seen 1 for sale used and it had a merc 525EFI but did not last long, but their other midcabins also look really attractive (260 and 270 Razors). Anyone know anything about them?
I love these boats too atleast the looks anyway, don't know how the ride never been on the water in one. I saw both the Razors a few years back at the LA boat show and can tell you that the 27 feels much bigger than the 26, more freeboard. The fit and finish seem to be nice the only thing I didn't like about the two I saw were they were all open going into the mid cabin, but this is typical for west coast boats.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
After paying close attention to the "fastest single engine" thread, the Lavey Craft and Howards did jump out at me. I was looking at Lavey Crafts website and could not figur out why exactly the 2750 Nuera was 1000 lbs lighter than the 29 Nuera. According to the specs the only difference is an additional 2 ft length, same beam,same freeboard, and same transom angle. Is there something I am missing? I am thinking if my budget limits me to a 496HO I would want the 4500 lb boat instead of the 5500 lb one.
Call Lavey Craft or pm UncleDave, he has a 2750 and knows as much about the boat as the manufacturer. I read the Cobra article and the boat looks sweet. But if I can remember it was a pretty high end cost.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bert4332
Call Lavey Craft or pm UncleDave, he has a 2750 and knows as much about the boat as the manufacturer. I read the Cobra article and the boat looks sweet. But if I can remember it was a pretty high end cost.
All new boats are high end in my book which is why I will be in the used market, I read UncleDaves comments in the fastest single thread which is what peaked my interest in the Lavey's. There is a 29 Nuera mid-cabin online for sale that would be in my range if I was ready to buy now (which I am not). I also just found out Velocity builds a mid-cabin... that would be a consideration though curious how it handles rough water. Velocity fans swear by them but from all of the stern pics I have seen they look like they have a 2 ft wide pad on the bottom. My Checkmate has a bout a 6" pad on the bottom and I thought that was part of the reason mine road so rough.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Registered

This boat has been for sale for a while in Iowa.

http://hawkeyeboatsales.com/usedboat...l.cfm?num=1248

Nice checkmate with a blue motor.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:06 AM
Registered

This guy is very motivated......
http://www.sunsationboats.com/forums...ead.php?t=4491
Old 08-19-2011, 07:57 AM
Registered

Call velocity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.