Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
D’Anniballe on Sterling 1700-Powered Skater: “Mind-blowing.” >

D’Anniballe on Sterling 1700-Powered Skater: “Mind-blowing.”

Notices

D’Anniballe on Sterling 1700-Powered Skater: “Mind-blowing.”

Old 08-18-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, thanks for the pics. I love the colors with the orange Skater logo.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How long do you think it will take before Mercury comes out with the 1350 on race fuel to match Sterling. Gorgeous boat!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 09:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
How long do you think it will take before Mercury comes out with the 1350 on race fuel to match Sterling. Gorgeous boat!!!
Heard they were going to have a turned up 1350 on race fuel at LOTO??????
Old 08-18-2011, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
wouldnt it make less power on race fuel? if its direct injected and tuned right?
Old 08-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://s924.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow Boat looks great with the new motors!!! Congrats to Sam S. and David Wade.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Registered

Take A Look At Brad Smith's Turbo Motors This Weekend At Loto In Dennis Pools 388 Skater And Compare.....
Old 08-22-2011, 03:42 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by blume
Heard they were going to have a turned up 1350 on race fuel at LOTO??????
Early prototypes of these turbo engines were used years ago, with the boost turned way up, when JT and Cigarette attempted to break Fountain's V-Bottom speed record.

Mercury is well known for doing this. The problem is that the public has no way of buying them as you can with the Sterlings.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

That boat is amazing.......DAMN!
Old 08-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KiloKat
Early prototypes of these turbo engines were used years ago, with the boost turned way up, when JT and Cigarette attempted to break Fountain's V-Bottom speed record.

Mercury is well known for doing this. The problem is that the public has no way of buying them as you can with the Sterlings.
Are we talking Quadzilla here???

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat
wouldnt it make less power on race fuel? if its direct injected and tuned right?
I'm not sure I follow you. When running more boost, you create more heat and compression, thus needing higher octane gas, to aviod detonation. More boost = more horsepower. What does this have to do with direct injection, in terms of not making more power? Every motor I've ever seen, TBI or DFI, has allways made more power, when you added more boost. Granted, if you just run on 110 or 116 in the normal 1350, you'll prolly won't see any gain, if it will run properly on it at all.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A.O. Razor
Are we talking Quadzilla here???

I'm not sure I follow you. When running more boost, you create more heat and compression, thus needing higher octane gas, to aviod detonation. More boost = more horsepower. What does this have to do with direct injection, in terms of not making more power? Every motor I've ever seen, TBI or DFI, has allways made more power, when you added more boost. Granted, if you just run on 110 or 116 in the normal 1350, you'll prolly won't see any gain, if it will run properly on it at all.
Tyson is saying the motors will make less power in the 1350 form on race gas than pump gas. The post he is referring to says nothing about turning up the 1350 to something more. It simply says "race" gas.
If the boost was turned up to a point where better fuel needed to be used, then sure, you're correct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.