If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    1986 Four Winns Liberator 241
    Lake St. Clair, Canada

Angry Seasonal ramp costs?

Hi guys, just wondering if any of you have seasonal ramp passes and if so how much were they.

Our local ramp if in a privately owned marina and they want $275 for a pass, or $20 each time you use it.

Way too steep I think, the price not the ramp!

My Boats:
    2017 30 Concept, 300 Verados, Superboat Y2k and 24OS (sold)
    LaPlata, MD, USA
    Hey Milford,

$20 per launch is pretty high. Most places in my area are between $5-10. There are free places too usually run by the state. The free places seem to attract a certain element though.

Dave M.

My Boats:
    95 Formula 336, HP500's
    Lake St. Clair

At the Michigan DNR launches we use they charge $4 per day or $24 for a season pass. I think that's state subsidized though.

VIP Member VIP Member OldSchool's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently

ramp costs

I keep my boat on the trailer at a regional park. $171 per quarter including ramp fees. The winter quarter (dec. to feb.) is $105. They also sell a yearly ramp pass for $96.

Forum Regulator VIP Member Sydwayz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    37' Active Thunder AVH; 17' Speedliner Cat OB
    How do you like storing at Pohick? I am considering moving there.

Leesylvania State Park, in Northern VA, is $116.00 for a 12 month launch pass.

Platinum Member Platinum Member laster's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1996 Progression 24LD
    Western Massachusetts
    I would really feel better if someone can post higher fees than what I have to pay. Launch ramp at Lake George NY is 25 in and out includes parking for one day. Overnight parking is additional. Seasons pass was 400.00 last year.
    Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way. B*tchin' about it ain't helpin'.

My Boats:
    1999 32' Advantage Victory
    Lake St Clair, Michigan
    Milord, Marina's are usually alot, but dont ask me how much, sounds like alot though. Around here there are plenty of DNR launches, and like bill272 said $24 for the year. Metroparks like metro beach also have all year passes, one for the boat $18 and one for the car $15.

Here's a trick I use. When you get your sticker dont stick it on right there when they give it to you, if you can avoid it. Take it home and lay out clingwrap or some of that clear plastic wrap for food, or whatever, get it flat and stick it to that and trim the edges off with scissors, then you can give it a lick like a stamp and stick it to your winshield, and it will stay, mine is still on my winshield from last summer, it has never fallen off.This way you can put in anyone's car, if you need to, additionally it comes off as soon as you grab it so you dont have to scrape it off with a razor the next year. If you buy a new truck, or bust a winshield like I always do from freeway driving, no problem. I am always towing boats to the launch with my truck or someones truck, I just grab my sticker and stick it in thier truck. Very convienient in many ways.

Deland, Florida
    I guess I'd have to figure it out by breaking down my propery tax. I use all county park launches here. No charge, but they can get so crowded there is no where to park. I did pay $2 I think to launch at Gandy one time, and it is the sorriest ramp I have used.

Charter Member # 55 Charter Member Griff's Avatar
    My Boats:
    ..........32........... Active Thunder
    Holy Cow!!! $275 for a season for a ramp pass???? I only pay $575 a season for use of my ramp AND a 10' x 28' slip. Never knew how lucky I was.

Charter Member #927 Charter Member Payton's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1991 34' Super Hawaii
    I pay $400 for the season. that includes storing my boat, on my trailer, insidew/ water and electric, and the ramp.