Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Tyson vs Lewis (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/26080-tyson-vs-lewis.html)

eyezlee 06-07-2002 03:20 PM

Originally posted by cigarette1
If Tyson doesn't have control of the fight by the 4th round .... I wouldn't be suprised to see something as crazy as a choke hold .... or, straight pounding to the nads .... at the very minimum, a broken arm.

Tyson is frickin' nuts ... expect the worst :rolleyes:

That's exactly what we were just talking about in the office. I can see Tyson going below decks, knocking Lewis to the ground then jumping on him WWF style, biting his nipples off. :eek:

jbrauer 06-07-2002 03:24 PM

Originally posted by eyezlee
biting his nipples off. :eek:
Ouch!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

supercrash 06-07-2002 04:41 PM

LEWIS....In a decision...This is a no-brainer...Lewis is planning on taking the fight by points..If he sees that Tyson is in trouble then he will go in for the kill..But we all know that Tyson has no game past the 4th...it's just not there.And Lewis is well aware of a knock out punch..Look for Lewis to frustrate Tyson all night with his jab...then take it in a decision with the punch stats lopsided towards Lewis....But who knows...?...I thought Crazy Cabbie would destroy Stu...Stu...Studdering John....Thank you ...Thank you very much...

cuda 06-07-2002 04:51 PM

I think Tyson has no heart, and if he is losing, he will try to get dq's by doing something insane.

As for the fight, Tyson has a puncher's chance, if he can catch Lewis with a big shot early, Lewis may go down and not get back up. Lewis has a suspect chin (see Rachman and Holyfield). If the fight gets past the fifth round without Tyson catching Lewis, then the odds go heavily in Lewis's favor. Tyson has never been known for his endurance. I see Lewsi winning some way or another, either KO, decision, or Tyson dq'd.

As for boxing itself it is the purest of all sports inside the ring. You don't need to know the rules or how to score to know who is winning. Yes it is brutal, and if that offends your sensibilities, just don't watch it. These guys that are getting in the ring know they aren't there to do a ballet dance. It's not as if they are being thrown in the ring ala some gladiator bout.

If you want to see a boxer with heart, get out some old Ali fights and watch them. I never really liked him, but you have to give him credit, he was the most skilled heavy of all time, and had the heart of a lion! Ken Norton broke Ali's jaw in the second round, and Ali went the distance! Yes, he lost the fight, but there damn sure wasn't any quit in him.

I just hope we don't have to see another beach ball growing out of one of their heads like Rachman last week, that was sick!

BTW, I will be watching it.

INCOGNITO 06-07-2002 07:59 PM

TYSON-LEWIS

I THINK IF LEWIS BOXES MIKE TYSON KEEPS HIM AWAY AND FRUSTRATED HE WILL PROBABLY WIN --IF HE COMES OUT WANTING TO BRAWL WITH TYSON HE WILL LOOSE..TYSON KNOWS THAT THIS IS HIS LAST CHANCE AT REDEMPTION(IF YOU COULD CALL IT THAT)SO I LOOK FOWARD TO SEEING WHAT WILL HAPPEN...HELL PAY ME WHAT THEYRE MAKING AND ILL JUMP IN THERE WITH ANYBODY-YOU REALLY CANT LOOSE..YOURE STILL MAKING MILLIONS IF YOU DO....LOOSE.:D

FunHome 06-07-2002 08:30 PM

Tyson is a No Good SOB!! and he should not be allowed to fight!! There is too much glory in it for him. I vowed to never pay to watch him or such a person fight ever again!!

So, I hope Lewis hit's him so hard......that he ****'s himself and he fall's into it in one big DEAD lump!!

:mad:

Hear I am, still at work after 14 hours today and I'll have to be back again tomorrow morning bright and early, and all this piece if $hit has to do is step into the ring and he'll get enough money to buy all the toy's I would ever want in life!!

:mad:

DJD 06-07-2002 09:03 PM

As far as Tyson goes, I hope Lewis hits him so hard that his head literally comes off his shoulders and hits Don King in the side of the head and they are both lying there dead.

ROLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't agree more!
Tyson is the biggest piece of chit I have ever seen. Ya think he was the "woman" in jail? I unfortunately can picture him now. Weeeeeeeeeee Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee Weeeeeeeeee! LMAO
Yeikes!

Steve_H 06-07-2002 09:18 PM

i hate to say it but tyson will win.
why?
because the don kings of boxing will make more money in rematches if he does.
and fans love contriversy(sp).
we should all be glad they let him box.if it wasnt for boxing he would be robbing and killing people.POS

as for ali , he was the best "in my lifetime".yaa , he had a mouth on him but it was all part of his act.he was an entertainer and entertain he did.he also stuck to his beliefs inspite of it not being popular.gotta hand it to him.

Tbonepmp 06-08-2002 01:06 AM

THANK-YOU TOO OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!

I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!!!!!!!!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool:

blackhawk 06-08-2002 11:21 AM

Boxing does need it's villians. But boxing does not need circus freaks. You cannot compare Ali to Tyson. Ali ran his mouth and it was part of his act. It was done with a hint of sarcasm and everyone knew it. Ali kept it interesting and then you watched because he was a great fighter. Tyson runs his mouth and then you watch because you want to see if he is going to freak out. He does not have th skills. He has a wicked punch, that's it.

My prediction. Lewis will come out aggressive but keep mike away. As long as he is not TOO aggressive and keeps his cool Tyson will get frutrated and do something stupid.

Lewis will win by DQ in the 5th. I just hope he keeps all of his body parts!

:D