Notices

Nordic Heat 28

Old 08-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gadsby
Hey guys and possibly gals. I recently got the "ok" from the wife to upgrade to a newer and bigger boat. I am currently running the waters in a 22 Pachanga. Love the boat, it is fun for what it is, just looking for more speed and more comfort. I jumped into the Pachanga too quick and ended up with a cracked block (5.7L/Alpha combo). I rebuilt the engine using a true 4 bolt main chevy block, vortec heads, edelbrock/holley combo. Runs great now, but it is still a SBC with an Alpha one. I dont see myself putting more money into a boat that will only yield minimal results anyhow. I have seen people do 80-85gps in the Pachanga, only to buy a bigger boat because it was too rough and too erratic at higher speeds. I have found a few 28' Nordic Heats for sale (2000 model years) for around my price range, and really do like the looks. I have yet to see one in person as they are... scarce around here. I am in Killeen Texas (Fort Hood). How is the build quality? Hull Efficiency? Reliability? The ones I am looling at are the 500EFI setups. I am not worried about fuel. It only holds 20 more gallons than the Pachanga anyhow, so thats not an issue. I want something fast, yet comfortable. I know they have the optional sinks and all that in the cabin, I know I cant afford something with a full cabin that will run 75+mph. A good size cuddy will suffice for sure over what I am in now. Lots of questions I know. Thank you all so much for your time and any information, pointers, or advice on this subject.

Oh, and I am currently driving a 2009 Nissan Titan. I have no issues towing the Pachanga, nor issues with a 20' car trailer loaded with car. Weight I read on the NOrdic is about 4900lbs, assuming the trailer is no more than 1500, it should not be a problem. Are these figures accurate at all?? Thanks again!
Where are you planning on running? I live in Austin and I think the only lake around that could be trouble is Lake Travis. The people I know with Nordics feel it handles Lake Travis like a champ.

Secondly, I'm in the market for a Heat too and there's not too many around here unfortunately.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain YARRR
Where are you planning on running? I live in Austin and I think the only lake around that could be trouble is Lake Travis. The people I know with Nordics feel it handles Lake Travis like a champ.

Secondly, I'm in the market for a Heat too and there's not too many around here unfortunately.
I will meet you in Havasu....
Old 08-23-2011, 02:48 PM
Registered

29 Fountain - 28 Heat....night and day different boats! that 28 heat will dwarf that 29 fountain but power for power - the Nordic gets destroyed. Nashville TN has a bunch of 28 Heats and several of them are knocking on the triple digit doorstep with a couple already there so yes - you can make one fast if you want. here is a local one that is for sale currently...and i have another friend with a 99 with a 502 that the listing has expired but its still for sale too...similar $$

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...-Heat-99313256
Old 08-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Registered

Raytart- Which driveline are you running?

525 efi
xr drive with Its setback
Full Hydralic Steering.
Dana HP 900 tabs
Livorsi Controls
Bravo B1 28 pitch
Old 08-24-2011, 07:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by will22
and i have another friend with a 99 with a 502 that the listing has expired but its still for sale too...similar $$

Nice boat. Tell your friend to do himself a favor and post more pics of the boat in his listing. 1 pic,?????

Last edited by Dave M; 08-24-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
Nice boat. Tell your friend to do himself a favor and post more pics on the boat in his listing. 1 pic,?????
The one pic looks great but more is always better....Why a triple axle trailer under a 28'?
Old 08-24-2011, 07:47 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by SunsationLarry
The one pic looks great but more is always better....Why a triple axle trailer under a 28'?
That's they way they come from the factory...stock trailer for the 28.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by will22
29 Fountain - 28 Heat....night and day different boats! that 28 heat will dwarf that 29 fountain but power for power - the Nordic gets destroyed. Nashville TN has a bunch of 28 Heats and several of them are knocking on the triple digit doorstep with a couple already there so yes - you can make one fast if you want. here is a local one that is for sale currently...and i have another friend with a 99 with a 502 that the listing has expired but its still for sale too...similar $$

OK Eugene, I WAS going to let this slide, but now I gotta chime in. R H's 29' with "stock" 575 (AZSM Kit only) 85/87. My
28' with same stock motor and AZSM kit 85/86. Ride, much smoother. Cabin, much larger. Looks, up to the individual. I'll take the aerodynamic, convex lines of the Nordic.
Modified to modified. G T's 29' with 825HP (525 with 3.3 Whipple kit) 87/92. My boat with (probably less/never dynoed) 775/800HP 88/95. All confirmed by the deliar, GPS.
Both are great boats, but I'll go with Nordic.
BTW concerning ride, the step hull (Heat/2000+) boats do ride smoother than the earlier pad vees. If you are a fresh water boater, you'll be fine with either one.
Regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve Zuckerman; 08-24-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jay,
Nice to meet you yesterday. Looks like we will be going to test a 900HP 28 Heat Friday on Lake LBJ. If you can get free, you'd be welcome to ride along.

Bob Lloyd
Old 08-24-2011, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dave M
Nice boat. Tell your friend to do himself a favor and post more pics of the boat in his listing. 1 pic,?????
I understand what you are saying, however, the price for adding more pics gets very steep on boattrader - as in $100for only 3 pics vs $50 for 1...i listed my boat there too and opted to just put 1 pic as well...i figured if they were serious about the boat they would contact me and i could flood them with as many pics of the boat as they wanted to see. im sure if anyone here is interested in more pics it would be as simple as responding to the ad for as many as you would like.

Steve i stand corrected..lol...although i thought i was siding with the Nordic over a 29Fountain as it was - the size difference is more than enough to make up my mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.