Boating south of Atlanta GA >

Boating south of Atlanta GA

Notices

Boating south of Atlanta GA

Old 08-23-2011, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boating south of Atlanta GA

Hey everyone I need some help. A new company has approached me about moving from upstate New York to an hour south of Atlanta Ga. What lakes are near there that I can run my fountain on or is it a waste of time. I dont want to trailer or travel 2hrs to go boating every weekend. This is near Macom Ga.
Thanks
JJ
Old 08-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

Macon is about 1.5 hrs south of Atl. Lake Lanier is approx 30+ mins north of Atl
Old 08-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lake Sinclair is probably the closest. It is a medium sized lake that is lined with residences, but big enough to hang out on. The other big lakes like Lanier and Clarkes Hill are going to be at least 1 to 1-1/2 hrs away. Overall, Macon is probably not the best place for sport boating, but it could be worse. The boating season is long. You can run interstate straight to Savannah and the coast in about 2 hrs and boat forever from there, also.