Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Best cleaner for boat interior? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/260930-best-cleaner-boat-interior.html)

Mastercraft240 08-23-2011 11:59 PM

Magic Eraser followed by a conditioner right away. Be careful not to use it too much.... it'll deteriorate the threads. I found hula boat care's interior cleaner t be great for quick cleaning before going out and minor touch ups.

scarabman 08-24-2011 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by low_psi (Post 3487100)
I was using 303 cleaner on my new carbon fiber vinyl. Then follow up with 303 protectant. However I have just started using Fountain of Youth's "Cuddy Buddy" diluted 3:1. As of now I really like the Cuddy Buddy. But I haven't had a chance to use it over a long period as of yet.

Be careful with the 303 protectant on carbon fiber vinyl. The chemicals react with grays and silvers and cause them to fade to a peach color. Unfortunately I found this out first hand. It turns out to be a known problem amongst some circles, just not the one I was in at the time:mad:

riverboater 08-24-2011 06:26 AM

Krazy. Clean it works great. On all surface
Works great on nonslip also removes all the dirt

SS930 08-24-2011 06:53 AM

I also use the eraser, but they dont seem to last all that long.

I buy Simple Green by the gallon. I keep two mixed spray bottles on hand for cleaning. I mix it 50/50 for cleaning under the hatch, and dilute it to about 25/75 for cleaning the interior. It's environmentally friendly, super cheap, and works great. Not to mention it works great on just about everything (if mixed accordingly).

Dave M 08-24-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by SS930 (Post 3487213)
I buy Simple Green by the gallon. I keep two mixed spray bottles on hand for cleaning. I mix it 50/50 for cleaning under the hatch, and dilute it to about 25/75 for cleaning the interior. It's environmentally friendly, super cheap, and works great. Not to mention it works great on just about everything (if mixed accordingly).

I use SG a lot too. I mix it 5:1, or sometimes even 10:1.

Rookie 08-24-2011 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS (Post 3486960)
BioKleen
biokleen.com

BioKleen Amazing and a Magic Eraser for the tough spots. Then I use the BioKleen Amazing Vinyl protectant. The Amazing will clean ALL surfaces.

And Dollar Store "Awesome" for the routine cleaning.

pullmytrigger 08-24-2011 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by fireguy (Post 3487076)
Meguiars Marine Vinyl Cleaner and Restorer

I think this is the same....Meguires #57 Marine Vinyl & Rubber
Cleaner and Protectant......Its like top coating your interior with original Armour All (but not quite that shiny) but if you rub it the Armour all will easily take off any dirt or stain you come across.....cleaning and top coating is a one step process...your done the whole interior in a few minutes and it looks amazing....not too greasy at all, UV protectant too....love it

Gladhe8er 08-24-2011 08:27 AM

Leverage seems to be the best cleaner I have found(I use the magic erasers with this). However, its pretty expensive and you need to ship it in. If I run out, I use 3M vinyl cleaner...it seems to be better than the others I have tried(Meguiers, west marine).

Interceptor 08-24-2011 09:14 AM

Mineral spirits.

low_psi 08-24-2011 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by scarabman (Post 3487190)
Be careful with the 303 protectant on carbon fiber vinyl. The chemicals react with grays and silvers and cause them to fade to a peach color. Unfortunately I found this out first hand. It turns out to be a known problem amongst some circles, just not the one I was in at the time:mad:

GOD DAMN IT!!! I though my idiot Interior guy use ****ty thread and it was bleeding...... I have little peach colord circles on my head rests right by the stitching.......