Notices

Bravo XR Capabilities?

Old 08-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
Did you have some problem with your SCX? Because that is the third time in this thread that you have said that you were worried it was going to break.

I have not heard of a single SCX upper gearset failure so far. it may have happened, but it has not been posted on here. There have been guys running well over 1000hp through them for many hours without failure. Your 700hp isnt going to hurt it much unless you like getting air and bouncing it off the limiter before reentry.
You are correct Phil.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Philm
Did you have some problem with your SCX? Because that is the third time in this thread that you have said that you were worried it was going to break.

I have not heard of a single SCX upper gearset failure so far. it may have happened, but it has not been posted on here. There have been guys running well over 1000hp through them for many hours without failure. Your 700hp isnt going to hurt it much unless you like getting air and bouncing it off the limiter before reentry.
Sorry i must of studdered.I only said it twice.But if you knew me you would understand.I can break anything but not by choice it just happens.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
I'm going to be selling everything off of the back of my boat in a few weeks. Stellings extension boxes, External steering, HP gimbles and Imco SC'c with -2 shorties. Everything is in great shape, planning on going to the ASD7 conversions. $20K for everything seems like a quick sale price.
How long are the extension boxes? I'm kinda looking at an Imco box for my tub.

Pm me if you have a price.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=DirtyJerz;3488330]
Originally Posted by PokerRun388
Thanks MC240, I was wondering how similar they were.. The IMCO sure is a great looking drive, Wow, thats alot of money.. Hey, i wanted to ask u, if u already have an XR, what would u do to make it better/reliable, without spending so much money on the imco scx?[/QUOTE]

I am actually very curious about this also! That is if there is a reliable way to do it.
I would give the guys at max machine a call. They are building some nice stuff and will spend the time to answer any questions.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My comments on NXT/Konrad/Arneson were based on all three being products of well-sized companies with proven durability. The Arneson was third based on potential handling issues; not every boat responds well to extended shaft drives. I have no doubt that IMCO and BMax products are built by bright and serious people with good intentions, but they are simply not mainstream enough to be practical in the long run. Once Ilmor's Indy drive becomes available, things will become far more interesting...
Old 08-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by JRider
Really? How do you figure that? Please elaborate
I think the weak link he's talking about is the sc, imco or stock lower bolted to the scx, seems to be all the rage. Problem I have with that set-up is even after Cryo/iso rem treating lower gears, setting lower up with best billet shafts and ideal clearences, using the best oil out there, I still eat up gears and shear off prop shafts/vertical shafts. I just sheared a billet vert shaft and this time it decided to cut it way thru the lower housing completely destroying EVERYTHING except prop shaft and carrier, if I were to go to a scx I would use the scx lower too and just turn up the power to make up for the speed loss instead of KEEPING a weak link, Smitty
Old 08-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

That SCX lower has a skeg that would stear a freighter...I think that is scrubbing off a lot of speed. It really looks like it could be shortened quite a bit even in a surfacing app.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
My comments on NXT/Konrad/Arneson were based on all three being products of well-sized companies with proven durability. The Arneson was third based on potential handling issues; not every boat responds well to extended shaft drives. I have no doubt that IMCO and BMax products are built by bright and serious people with good intentions, but they are simply not mainstream enough to be practical in the long run. Once Ilmor's Indy drive becomes available, things will become far more interesting...
BMax may not be mainstream but IMCO is quite the opposite. I would not hesitate to buy a drive from them or for that matter any other part with their name on it. Their steering products may be the best out there.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:02 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Well sorry we are at the bottom of your list. So much for making a stronger, lighter, faster and less expensive product that comes in the bottom of your list.

As for handling, I definitively know you are incorrect there, but hey, I've read so many success stories about your top two it really doesn't matter.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.